• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:53:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

Friday eve

Started by Barb, February 22, 2024, 04:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody! Sorry to hear of the aches and illnesses, oh my.  You can add my left knee to the list now.  Dont need a new knee, yet, but have to do exercises, take Tylenol, Voltaren gel, wear a knee brace when out walking or gardening. Maybe steroid shot, then gel injections.  There are lots of things to do for an arthritic knee before surgery.  Willie, let us know how you back is.  Liz, glad you have new chickens!  Or at least 1 rooster. Diane has 24 chickens so far, and they built a fancy coop which she is actually decorating, curtains, pics on the wall, a table, chair, seems silly to me, but she is having fun.  So far, just one rooster, but I am betting some of her little chicks will grow combs and start crowing, lol. I am visiting them this weekend, if her rooster tries to attack me again, I will kick him as far as I can and then I will get in trouble for doing it I am sure.  You all hang in there, this getting old stuff is definitely not for the weak is it?  See you all here soon,
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi guys and gals!
 Getting warmer here! Heading to 80s this weekend, but it will be cloudy.
 Been busy with sales. I think I need to get started on instagram. So that'll be a weekend project. My booth is still not doing much, so I gotta get hobbyists heading that way!
 Some new neighbors are coming over tonight to play cards. We told them to bring the game they like to play and teach us. They're snowbird Canadians that raise and show Clydesdales. Looking forward to the conversation tonight.
  I hope you folks start feeling better.
Goodnight all!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi Ron.  The weather has been unseasonably warm for February.  A great day for playing outside.  But since I can't bust my butt playing outside, I'm mostly been in the fishroom, as usual.  Next Tuesday it is supposed to get up to 80.  I can't help but wait for the other shoe to drop.  Last month and the end of the month before it was frigid.  I had to order $1200. of LP gas, and I don't even heat the house, just the fish room.  In the mornings I ran from under my electric blanket to the fish room where it is always warm.  I thought that the problem was from my stand-alone propane heater, the when the gas man came, he said that he had to deliver gas twice a week to some people with huge houses.  Even April, up the road, who has the newest most energy-efficient heat pump said that her electric bill was through the roof.

I'm yearning for more chickens.  My one hen who isn't interested in getting layed is not enough for Bruster who is always horney.  He's a gentleman, though.  He finally figured out the situation and no longer tries to mate with her, poor dude.  I'm going to have to get day-olds and raise them until they're old enough to be put in the main coop.  I can manage it.  I have a little run for small chicks.  I just need to do a little work to get it ready.  since I can't find Beliefelfer I want to go with Blue  Australorps.  They're pretty hens with a tall comb and are amazing layers.  https://www.somerzby.com.au/blog/australorp-chickens/  I'm going to ask my feed store if they can get them in.  They are also very friendly chickens that like to be held and loved on.  My Bielfeders have always been friendly but would rather hang around me than be held.  It would be nice to have a breed that would make a good cuddler.

I'm waiting to hear back from the pain doctor.  I called at 9 am. but the nurse doesn't start making call-back calls until 3 pm.  My appointment card says that my appointment card is on Monday the 3rd.  But the 3rd is on a Sunday.

It's time to do a WC.  I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Always move forward. Never look back.