• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:58:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, February 17, 2024, 11:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Happy Saturday, friends.  It's turning back to a normal Mississippi winter.  It had been in the 70's.  Simply glorious, but not normal.  The temp is dropping now.  Tonight it will drop to 32.  Tomorrow it will get down to 28, and then it will start turning into Spring again.  By Thursday it will hit a high of 78.  Tell me that ain't crazy weather.

I'll mostly be taking it easy today.  Believe it or not, I knocked myself out cooking Thursday and Friday.  My back just couldn't handle the standing involved.  Thursday I made a chicken stew from a whole chicken.  When you use a whole chicken you get all the gelatin from the joints and connective tissue.  Yesterday was beef stew.  It was all the standing involved that whupped my ass.  I have a little hydraulic stool with wheels that I use as much as I can, but there are still many times that I have to stand.  At least I can still do it. 

What I would have done today, if I had a choice in the matter, I'd be making Pleco and Mystery Snail food.  I may make it to the supermarket to pick up kale, a winter squash, and a small purple cabbage, but I won't have it in me to make it until tomorrow.

Is anyone else here making into making their own fish food?  It's fun (for me) and saves a lot of money.  I've made Discus food with pork heart, a leafy green, and an orange or purple veggie.  Color means nutrition.  This will be my first time making Pleco/Mystery snail food.  I was amazed at how my little snots covered the hunk of pork heart I tossed in, but for my snots to have less meat and more veggies.  What I can tell you for sure is that my DIY food sure does make my little fish grow fast. For the Discus, I'm also culturing white worms.  The Discus go crazy for them.  That's their lunch.  For their dinner, I still depend on commercial pellets. 

that's all I have to say this morning.  I'm still in my jammies so I need to decide whether to go to the supermarket or get into a hot, back-healing bath.  I think that my back can wait.  I'd rather go to the store and gather my ingredients for tomorrow.                                                             

Always move forward. Never look back.