• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 02:13:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 166
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 182
Total: 182

Happy Earth Day

Started by wsantia1, April 22, 2022, 11:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are all well and are having beautiful weather like I am.  It is currently a sunny 69 degrees here and we will only get up to 71 later this afternoon but I really enjoy this kind of weather. The only downside is that the wind is at 15 mph and it's blowing the pollen around.

I decided that instead of trimming down my Green Giant evergreen trees myself I would be better off hiring someone to do it for me. We agreed on a price and he will be here Monday to do the work. Now I don't have to worry about hurting myself and starting the pain cycle all over again.

In a little while I will head down to the basement and start my lid cleaning and sponge filter squeezing project. I hate squeezing filters but it is past time so I need to get on it. Hopefully I don't get sidetracked like I sometimes do.

Have a great day you all and I'll see what you are up to later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good call on hiring someone to do the job Willie!  Let us know how he does and how they turn out.  I was in Wal mart earlier today, passed by the pet dept and noticed a 20 gal tank, no top,no nothing but the bare tank was $39!!!  I know everything is up in price these days but gee this is a lot.

I am taking a weekend beach trip, the weather is to be great, and I will enjoy my 2 long ferry rides.  Will report  how it goes.  I am taking my electric scooter, was Bill's, to ride around a big place called the Elizabethan Gardens in Manteo NC.  Should be real pretty now, and no bugs and high heat/humidity like later on will be.  It is a very historic island, look up Roanoke Island NC for some good reading.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I was a bum on Earth Day.  Well, I did make an outstanding Chinese BBQ pork that I had with Asian style white rice and steamed Broccoli.  At chicken bed time I went out and saw some of my young ones up in the damn tree again.  I was able to knock 2 of them off with a long thick fallen tree branch, but all I managed with the other 2 was to get them fly up to the tippy top of the tree.  I herded 3 young hens and the Walrus back into the pen and into their house.
Always move forward. Never look back.