• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 01:54:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 488
Total: 488

Routing air

Started by GraphicGr8s, March 02, 2015, 09:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Jhemco recommends 1" because the larger the pipe the less friction.  But I already had my 3/4 set up and they said that it was OK. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on March 14, 2015, 05:45:00 AM
I think that you'll find that most use at least 3/4" , with some using even 1"......I don't use PVC...I'm sure others will chime in....
All galvanized?
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 14, 2015, 12:20:05 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 14, 2015, 05:45:00 AM
I think that you'll find that most use at least 3/4" , with some using even 1"......I don't use PVC...I'm sure others will chime in....
All galvanized?

No, I run 3/4" clear tube off a 'T' , no closed loop....for outlets I use gang logs....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

So I got the pump today. This thing is gigantic compared to what I am used to.

What do you use as a check valve on this kind of setup? I've got to keep the pump on the floor so I would venture it's a necessity.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

LizStreithorst

GraphicGr8s

So where do you all get your valves from? Jehmco? And which ones? They have like 3 different platings. Get the cheapest so long as it's not plastic?

LizStreithorst

I use the brass ones.  I wish I could remember where I found a good price on them but I can't.  It was several years ago.  I think most folks use the small steel ones.

BallAquatics

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 23, 2015, 09:36:12 AM
So where do you all get your valves from?

I use these from Ken's

They have an extra outlet that I can use for a temporary drop if needed.....  I think they are around $1.40 each

Dennis

b125killer

That's what i use too. I really like the extra outet. It comes in handy.
Scott

GraphicGr8s

Ken's was out of those. I wound up getting some valves from Jehmco.
Got the pipe drilled and valves fitted Sunday night and mocked up a run last night. Nothing is glued yet but it is putting air into the tanks. I am going to try getting the other room mocked up tonight. I am wondering if I really need to glue this together though. But i probably will.

Now to find some Lees economy corner filters cheap. Need another 10 or so.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 31, 2015, 09:41:57 AM
Got the pipe drilled and valves fitted Sunday night and mocked up a run last night. Nothing is glued yet but it is putting air into the tanks. I am going to try getting the other room mocked up tonight. I am wondering if I really need to glue this together though. But i probably will.

you can make those out of plastic pop bottles too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on March 31, 2015, 10:09:41 AM

you can make those out of plastic pop bottles too.....

Hadn't thought about that. Would be pretty easy. If I drank soda, pop, whatever but I don't. But hmmmmm....

Idea light bulb went on.

I don't care what the others say about you Jon. You're a pretty fart smella. Even a pretty smart fellow.

Ron Sower

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 31, 2015, 10:55:41 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 31, 2015, 09:41:57 AMYou're a pretty fart smella....
When I was 13 I was screwing around with switching word beginnings around like that while riding in the back seat with Mom and Dad in the front seat, and a fire truck went by. They didn't like it at all when I switched that one around!  :-\  It just came out! Oops!  :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 31, 2015, 11:12:19 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 31, 2015, 10:55:41 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 31, 2015, 09:41:57 AMYou're a pretty fart smella....
When I was 13 I was screwing around with switching word beginnings around like that while riding in the back seat with Mom and Dad in the front seat, and a fire truck went by. They didn't like it at all when I switched that one around!  :-\  It just came out! Oops!  :(

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :) :) :) :) :) :)

BallAquatics

I am wondering if I really need to glue this together though. But i probably will.

I don't glue mine..... for what it's worth.

Dennis