• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 03:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 635
Total: 635

$1 per gallon sale

Started by P4Angels, December 26, 2013, 10:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

$1 per gallon[/size]Valid Dec. 26 - Jan. 25
Choose from 10G, 20G, 29G, 40G and 55G aquariums.
[/font]
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

If anyone goes could they verify if these are Aqueon tanks or the new Tetra branded ones and if the Aqueon fixtures will fit?  I'm just curious.  The new Tetra tanks looked to me like the frames were much heavier and bulkier (I didn't like them, took too much away from the viewing area or at least it looked like it did) so I wonder if the Aqueon tops and hoods fit.

Just something to think about if you are buying just the tank thinking your existing tops will fit.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

The last two 20H's that I picked up were the Aqueon tanks....but it may vary from store to store by the area that you're in...???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Hmmmm...nothing on our local ad.????...not like we need another tank..LOL ;D
Jon

raven_wilde

I'm heading out in about 20 minutes to go down to our PetCo and check this out. Fingers crossed that 40G means 40G Breeder....
I am a dirt worshiping, planted tank lover - I keep/breed freshwater nano-fishes: danios & rasboras but I also have a soft spot for polypterids. Life is complicated like that. I blog about the hobby at http://aqua.ravenwilde.net

Mugwump

Quote from: raven_wilde on December 27, 2013, 10:04:30 AM
I'm heading out in about 20 minutes to go down to our PetCo and check this out. Fingers crossed that 40G means 40G Breeder....

yes it does... ;D
Jon

raven_wilde

And they did have plenty of 40Bs... looks like they're aware of the online chatter about the sale. I ended up passing on them though, I was NOT impressed by the quality of the product or by the bulky black framing. If I were just buying these for a fish room, etc it would be do-able but these need to look good in my living room.

I suppose I should not be surprised, when you get something for cheap, usually it is cheap!
I am a dirt worshiping, planted tank lover - I keep/breed freshwater nano-fishes: danios & rasboras but I also have a soft spot for polypterids. Life is complicated like that. I blog about the hobby at http://aqua.ravenwilde.net

sschind

The Lake Geneva Petco still had both the last time I was in there about a month ago but they were switching over from all glass to Tetra.

Since Tetra and Perfecto are both UPG products I'm guessing the Tetra tanks are the same as the Perfecto which means the Aqueon lids might not fit.   Make sure you double check.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

While they may be cheap dollar wise, and have a wider frame....they are really durable tanks..
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: sschind on December 27, 2013, 01:00:13 PM
The Lake Geneva Petco still had both the last time I was in there about a month ago but they were switching over from all glass to Tetra.

Since Tetra and Perfecto are both UPG products I'm guessing the Tetra tanks are the same as the Perfecto which means the Aqueon lids might not fit.   Make sure you double check.

The lids are different and I am not a big fan of the Perfecto (Tetra) lids.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Mine were all Aqueon tanks.  Nice quality at a great price.  Next time I'll have to take the trailer as only 4 will fit in my 22 year old SUV.  I simply love the dimensions of 40 breeder tanks.  They are easy enough for me to move by myself too!

Dennis

JR

I have bought a lot of there tanks I have always been happy with them. I always buy there 20L for my Cory.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 27, 2013, 05:18:51 PM
Mine were all Aqueon tanks.  Nice quality at a great price.  Next time I'll have to take the trailer as only 4 will fit in my 22 year old SUV.  I simply love the dimensions of 40 breeder tanks.  They are easy enough for me to move by myself too!

Dennis

".......only 4...."   lol
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)