• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:07:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 767
Total: 768

Halloween Wednesday

Started by Mugwump, October 31, 2018, 06:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....we don't get many kids around here anymore, but we always get some candy to hand out to those that do.....mostly neighbor kids and g'kids....

....miniature candy bars this year..........what's everyone else handing out, if anything huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

We haven't had trick or treaters in several years.  We live on a rural road with not a lot of houses.  There is a subdivision to our east and one to our west.  All the kids go to the subdivisions where the house density is much higher.  We always get a big bowl of candy ready and then eat it ourselves when nobody shows up.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 31, 2018, 08:51:34 AM
We haven't had trick or treaters in several years.  We live on a rural road with not a lot of houses.  There is a subdivision to our east and one to our west.  All the kids go to the subdivisions where the house density is much higher.  We always get a big bowl of candy ready and then eat it ourselves when nobody shows up.

... :) exactly...... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 31, 2018, 06:32:45 AM
....we don't get many kids around here anymore, but we always get some candy to hand out to those that do.....mostly neighbor kids and g'kids....

....miniature candy bars this year..........what's everyone else handing out, if anything huh

That's what I'm handing out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

I'm giving out candy corn and peanut butter kisses as a trick.
They thought they were getting real candy.  ;D
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

I live too far out of the way for kids to visit, although I have small candy bars on hand to hand out.

I haven't done a whole lot today except for groom 2 dogs.  One dog has a brain tumor and dementia as well as being blind.  She wasn't an easy job because she didn't have a clue what was going on.  Luckily the owner let me know that she was not expecting a perfect job.  She certainly didn't get one.  The dog would freak, then calm down then freak again.  I gave her a long break in the middle of the groom because I needed it.  Doing a dog like that is very stressful.

The owner told me that the vet wasn't able to cut the dogs nails.  She turned blue and needed oxygen.  I had no trouble with the nails but the head, face and front legs just got a half assed job because it was the best I could do.  The lady knows that the dog should be put to sleep but her husband wasn't ready.  It might have been a relief to her if the dog died during the groom.  I hope I never have to go through a death of a dog in my shop.  Despite the dog's and my stress the dog never turned blue and I was never afraid that she would die on me.  I sure do hope she gets PTS before she needs another groom.

My good new is that I found the screws that hold the handle and other parts securely to my pressure washer.  I was afraid I had tossed them out when I threw the box on the burn pile, but they were right here on my desk which is full of junk.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 31, 2018, 01:16:09 PM
I live too far out of the way for kids to visit, although I have small candy bars on hand to hand out.

I haven't done a whole lot today except for groom 2 dogs.  One dog has a brain tumor and dementia as well as being blind.  She wasn't an easy job because she didn't have a clue what was going on.  Luckily the owner let me know that she was not expecting a perfect job.  She certainly didn't get one.  The dog would freak, then calm down then freak again.  I gave her a long break in the middle of the groom because I needed it.  Doing a dog like that is very stressful.

The owner told me that the vet wasn't able to cut the dogs nails.  She turned blue and needed oxygen.  I had no trouble with the nails but the head, face and front legs just got a half assed job because it was the best I could do.  The lady knows that the dog should be put to sleep but her husband wasn't ready.  It might have been a relief to her if the dog died during the groom.  I hope I never have to go through a death of a dog in my shop.  Despite the dog's and my stress the dog never turned blue and I was never afraid that she would die on me.  I sure do hope she gets PTS before she needs another groom.

My good new is that I found the screws that hold the handle and other parts securely to my pressure washer.  I was afraid I had tossed them out when I threw the box on the burn pile, but they were right here on my desk which is full of junk.

,,,cool beans...nothing like finding the good screws...... huh
Jon

Mugwump

Jon