• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 04:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 419
Total: 419

Strange day at work

Started by LizStreithorst, December 20, 2014, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I had 5 dogs on the books for today.  Got to the shop to a message that one wanted to change to another day and would get back to me.  One called a bit later wanting to switch to Wed.  A new customer with 2 dogs simply didn't show.  My 11 0'clock, also a new customer called at 11 wanting to switch to Wed ::)

I took 3 young Zebra Angles to the shop for a lady who called yesterday.  She showed up bright and early with her cute little girl who was so excited get her Christmas fish.  Her mom told her that Santa sent the fish to me because it was safer than letting them ride on the sleigh.  The little girl kept calling me Miss Taylor.  I asked her mother who Miss Taylor was.  She didn't have a clue.  Mom told little girl that my name was Miss Liz.  As they left with their 3 fish and 3 free mystery snails, the little girl turned and said, "Thank you Miss Taylor".  It was so delightful it almost made up for a $200. day turning into a $15. day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL....sometimes the simplest things can make your day. These are the days we remember too.
nice post, thanks Miss Taylor.....er, Liz
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Nice story Liz.  I bet the little girl had just watched Miracle on 34th St. that starred Elizabeth Taylor!
Barb ;D

PaulineMi

That's  a cute story.  And Barb may have solved the mystery.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Ok Liz, from now on i will call you Miss Taylor