• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 09:14:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

Wednesday's first pot of coffee

Started by Mugwump, December 17, 2014, 05:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....And a fine pot of coffee it is too....MMMmmm.....temps dropped last night, wind's are still kick'n up...
some errands, some putz'n, some errands, some more putz'n..... ;D...no real big tree anymore, but we'll set up our tree later on this afternoon.....
....might drop in on some friends later..??   drink their coffee... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Cool. Always good to drink someone else's coffee. Keeps your taste buds sharp.;D 8) Put up me 5 dollar tree yesterday. ??? Still looks good. lol ;D Now if I can only find the miniature ornaments I'll be set. ;D ;D ;D 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I always liked the real trees when the boys were growing up...now we have a nice artificial tree which we can adjust the height from about three feet..to six feet, or so....it's pretty when we get it all decorated....likely the 3-4 foot range this year... ;D

I miss going out and cutting down the tree tho.....fun times with us all... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 17, 2014, 06:17:25 AM
I always liked the real trees when the boys were growing up...now we have a nice artificial tree which we can adjust the height from about three feet..to six feet, or so....it's pretty when we get it all decorated....likely the 3-4 foot range this year... ;D

I miss going out and cutting down the tree tho.....fun times with us all... ;D ;D ;D ;D

I used to always have real trees when the kids were young and at home. I never cut one down though since we could always get one just about anywhere. ;D 

These days I am always on the road for the holidays so my little maintenance free tree makes more sense for me. 8)
Willie

PaulineMi

Were getting ready to take Doug to the surgical center...second time in two weeks. One more scheduled for next week. Just finished up with my 3 x per week month of P.T. so I guess it's his turn now. :o (None of this is serious thank goodness.) Up after that is Mayo Clinic next  month for him then a much needed break to Florida in February. I'll go down for about 5 days, he'll stay and golf for a few weeks.

Haven't found any more remnants of the spaghetti squash I exploded in the kitchen yesterday.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Wish Doug well with his little visit(s)..... ;D......the quicker that they're over, the better.... ;D....

Florida???.....what???....you mean leave the coming lovely winter weather for sunshine?????

Jon

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on December 17, 2014, 08:21:02 AM
Wish Doug well with his little visit(s)..... ;D......the quicker that they're over, the better.... ;D....

Florida???.....what???....you mean leave the coming lovely winter weather for sunshine?????

He's leaving...I'm visiting.  ;)

His Mom stays in Palmetto/Bradenton.  I like the old parts of Anna Maria Island.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 17, 2014, 08:13:09 AM
Were getting ready to take Doug to the surgical center...second time in two weeks. One more scheduled for next week. Just finished up with my 3 x per week month of P.T. so I guess it's his turn now. :o (None of this is serious thank goodness.) Up after that is Mayo Clinic next  month for him then a much needed break to Florida in February. I'll go down for about 5 days, he'll stay and golf for a few weeks.

Haven't found any more remnants of the spaghetti squash I exploded in the kitchen yesterday.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wish Doug well and I wish I was going to Florida also. ;D ;D ;D  My neighbor is leaving for Tampa on January 3 and won't be back until the middle of April. ??? ;D ;D ;D 8)
Willie

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 17, 2014, 08:51:38 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 17, 2014, 08:21:02 AM

He's leaving...I'm visiting.  ;)

His Mom stays in Palmetto/Bradenton.  I like the old parts of Anna Maria Island.

Still a pretty nice area. Better than Tampa for sure.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

My grandfather had a condo in Tampa over looking the bay. This was back between 70's and early 90's......it was pretty nice then...
Jon

BillT

One of my sisters lives in Bradenton.

I find that area interesting for several other (fish) reasons:
1) Tampa bay is one of the great places in the world for collecting amphioxus (primitive sub-fish, sub-shark, sub-lamprey critter that lives in the sand).
2) Big concentration of tropical fish farms to visit (due to great ground water).