• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 04:12:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 425
Total: 425

T'is Tuesday's coffee..

Started by Mugwump, December 16, 2014, 05:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....great cup of coffee, and the morn'n quiet....perfect  ;D

We moved things around and decorated a bit yesterday. The birds have been moved to a back room to get them more peace and quiet from our daily doings. They already seem happier and calmer. Of course, Manny had to supervise their move...as well as the rearranging of the front room and dining room. We're about finished...maybe another string of lights, hanging 18 stockings, and finishing up the tree, etc......

In the 40's now, but gusty north winds and a cold front will drive it down into the 20's by tonight...winter ramps up...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Can you show us a pic of the decorated room?  Sounds quite festive!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on December 16, 2014, 07:34:22 AM
Can you show us a pic of the decorated room?  Sounds quite festive!
Barb

LOL...not really festive....but I'll grab a few pics when we're done..we don't go full bore decorating, mostly just trying to make room for everyone....our home isn't the biggest... ;D...for Jan and I, it's about perfect...with the 'cast of thousands' it can get a bit crowded at times....LOL..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

The temp crashing winds have begun now.........hang on folks....LOL
Jon

BallAquatics

Cool and raining here.  Perfect day for water changes and playing in the fish room.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 16, 2014, 10:50:09 AM
Cool and raining here.  Perfect day for water changes and playing in the fish room.....

Dennis

Exactly... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...just ran out for a sec....gas dropped again here so I topped off at $2.43/gal.......not bad.....likely a lot cheaper down by Ed's place. tho, always is....Chicago???....forget it always high there....
Jon

PaulineMi

I spent part of this morning cleaning up spaghetti squash that I managed to explode in the kitchen.  :o  Bless Doug's heart.  He got me some ice for the burn on my finger and said he had been thinking about putting some wood polish on the cabinets.

Wiping down cabinets, counter tops, the floor and my putting on a clean t-shirt and all was good as new....except for the minor burn on my finger. I did manage to salvage enough squash that didn't go flying for my planned meal.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 16, 2014, 12:34:34 PM
I spent part of this morning cleaning up spaghetti squash that I managed to explode in the kitchen.  :o  Bless Doug's heart.  He got me some ice for the burn on my finger and said he had been thinking about putting some wood polish on the cabinets.

Wiping down cabinets, counter tops, the floor and my putting on a clean t-shirt and all was good as new....except for the minor burn on my finger. I did manage to salvage enough squash that didn't go flying for my planned meal.  ;D

A ha !!..the old exploding spaghetti squash trick..!!!!!...."would you believe....????"... ;D....sorry about your pinkie getting burnt....ice it and it'll get better quick... ;D....the meal sounds delicious...MMMmmm...garlic bread too?....salad?.....yum yum...
Jon