• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 346
Total: 347

Petco and DrsFosterSmith

Started by GraphicGr8s, November 19, 2014, 10:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

ghonk

Killing off the competition by buying it,i'm guessing that's the end of F&S   as we know it.

wsantia1

That stinks. First they switch to Tetra tanks and now they go and buy out my favorite online pet store. :o >:(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Yeah it does suck. Guess I better get what I want before prices skyrocket.

Now if I only had money.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 20, 2014, 08:12:31 AM
Yeah it does suck. Guess I better get what I want before prices skyrocket.

Now if I only had money.

Me too...a couple more HOT mag's, and another couple big buckets of Tetra flake...Jan gets bird supplies there too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Bushkill

This is just the good Drs. cashing in.

A pair of enterprising vets. that know nothing about what lives in the water.

A long time ago, they bought Flying Fish Express and Etropicals.com. Those were the first of the internet livestock retailers and lots of really smart folks lost their jobs in the process. That's where Liveaquaria came from. So folks that think Liveaquaria is great, missed what the real deal was.

I haven't bought anything but cheap tanks at Petco......ever. Kens, Petsolutions and ThatPetPlace and Jehmco get all my $ so I really wouldn't have even noticed if it hadn't been mentioned here and a couple other places.

I just bought 22 lbs of frozen food from Jehmco for $116 yesterday. Can't wait to see what the wife's reaction is when she looks in the freezer.

Mugwump

Quote from: Bushkill on November 20, 2014, 01:36:20 PM

A long time ago, they bought Flying Fish Express and Etropicals.com. Those were the first of the internet livestock retailers and lots of really smart folks lost their jobs in the process. That's where Liveaquaria came from. So folks that think Liveaquaria is great, missed what the real deal was.

I haven't bought anything but cheap tanks at Petco......ever. Kens, Petsolutions and ThatPetPlace and Jehmco get all my $ so I really wouldn't have even noticed if it hadn't been mentioned here and a couple other places.

I just bought 22 lbs of frozen food from Jehmco for $116 yesterday. Can't wait to see what the wife's reaction is when she looks in the freezer.

I do a lot with Jehmco too...John and crew are great to deal with, and very knowledgeable....we use F & S for the Tetra tubs and bird supplies......Hard to get a hold of Ken's most times, unless you just order online.... I use Big Al's too, decent prices, great service.....Jehmco, F & S, and Big Al's shipping is just 'out of site'....order in the morning and the 2nd day it's at your door.....PetCo, I have no use for....even our local PetSmart blows em out of the water price/service wise....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2014, 01:50:55 PM
Quote from: Bushkill on November 20, 2014, 01:36:20 PM

I do a lot with Jehmco too...John and crew are great to deal with, and very knowledgeable....we use F & S for the Tetra tubs and bird supplies......Hard to get a hold of Ken's most times, unless you just order online.... I use Big Al's too, decent prices, great service.....Jehmco, F & S, and Big Al's shipping is just 'out of site'....order in the morning and the 2nd day it's at your door.....PetCo, I have no use for....even our local PetSmart blows em out of the water price/service wise....

I like big Al's too and they have a lot of hard to find stuff. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Bushkill

Ken's is about a 6 hour drive from the house or where I work. So standard UPS ground gets to my office overnight. My house being "off the beaten path" usually takes two and the box ends up in a bag on the deck. I never have a hard time getting to his minimum for free shipping, so for me nobody can come close to all that. The website isn't the flashiest, but they do carry dog, reptile and I think bird stuff too. It's tough to beat Ken's pricing and variety of flakes and pellets too.

JC

I buy from foster and smith all the time and recently from jehmco who I'm very impressed with their prices, selection, and service. I also spend quite a bit at my favorite local pet shop Roe's to help support the mom and pop shop

EdKaz

QuoteMe too...a couple more HOT mag's, and another couple big buckets of Tetra flake

Time for more buckets of flake here too. Ole Cheap ass here is holding out Kinda hoping to see some sorta Black Friday sale on them  but I might have to start rationing food to make it through next week

Bushkill

Quote from: JC on November 20, 2014, 08:58:20 PM
I buy from foster and smith all the time and recently from jehmco who I'm very impressed with their prices, selection, and service. I also spend quite a bit at my favorite local pet shop Roe's to help support the mom and pop shop

"spreading the wealth" is critical for this hobby's long term survival.

Mugwump

Quote from: Bushkill on November 21, 2014, 11:40:45 AM
Quote from: JC on November 20, 2014, 08:58:20 PM

"spreading the wealth" is critical for this hobby's long term survival.

You betcha !...and spreading good stock too....
Jon