• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:01:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 483
Total: 484

Guess What?

Started by LizStreithorst, February 21, 2016, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They were due to wiggle today.  I couldn't see any movement this morning but the fish always see it before we can.  I got home from work and the eggs had been eaten.  I half expected it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 10, 2016, 02:43:28 PM
They were due to wiggle today.  I couldn't see any movement this morning but the fish always see it before we can.  I got home from work and the eggs had been eaten.  I half expected it.

...well that stinks..... 2c2
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

LizStreithorst

Last weekend I moved the Discus pair to the fish room and put them in a 120 with 10 other Discus and a few compatible fish.  My lady seems to have chosen a different male.  It might be her original choice, the guy who wasn't mature enough to fertilize but guarded and fanned the eggs until they fungused.  It could be the male that she hasn't been with yet.  Those two males are hard to tell apart.  It for sure isn't the best male who ate the wigglers.

They are doing the Discus foreplay stuff...cone staring, bowing, and jiggling to one another.  I will wait until they do the deed before I separate them to a 40 gallon cube.  I have their tank ready but I didn't have enough RO to fill it all the way.  I will have by morning.

Mugwump

...cool...the young guy comes of age... |^|...."and here's to you Mrs. Robinson...."
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They spawned in the community tank today and kept the hungry snots, Dots,  Red Dwarf Dots, and German Blue rams away from the the penis.  I took the penis out and moved it to the 40 cube.  Then I caught the pair and put them in.  We shall see....

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 19, 2016, 01:34:10 PM
They spawned in the community tank today and kept the hungry snots, Dots,  Red Dwarf Dots, and German Blue rams away from the the penis.  I took the penis out and moved it to the 40 cube.  Then I caught the pair and put them in.  We shall see....

....neato !!!!...good luck !!!.....you do need some discus fry around there... ;D |^| ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

She decided to go with the guy who eats the kids.  She had lots of time to decide among the three guys.  At least she knows good looks when she sees them.  He's best shaped and colored fish from a group of 3 excellent males.  He's also the largest of the 3.  The female is beautifully colored.  Her shape is good but not as nearly perfect as the male's shape.  Female Discus rarely have a shape as good as the males.

Mug, you have no idea how much I desire to become a Discus breeder again.  I'm better at it than I will ever be at breeding Angels.  I find it more satisfying.  I yearn to have tanks full of Discus grow outs.  The Angels got me through the nightmare of Discus Plague because they didn't die.  I will always have some.  But my heart will always be with Discus huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 19, 2016, 02:15:33 PM
She decided to go with the guy who eats the kids.  She had lots of time to decide among the three guys.  At least she knows good looks when she sees them.  He's best shaped and colored fish from a group of 3 excellent males.  He's also the largest of the 3.  The female is beautifully colored.  Her shape is good but not as nearly perfect as the male's shape.  Female Discus rarely have a shape as good as the males.

Mug, you have no idea how much I desire to become a Discus breeder again.  I'm better at it than I will ever be at breeding Angels.  I find it more satisfying.  I yearn to have tanks full of Discus grow outs.  The Angels got me through the nightmare of Discus Plague because they didn't die.  I will always have some.  But my heart will always be with Discus huh

I understand.....now make it so..........good luck !
Jon