• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:53:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 638
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 634
Total: 634

Too expensive for me!

Started by Barb, September 22, 2014, 06:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

http://floridadiscus.com/photo-galle...sh-pictures-2/

How many folks can afford fish like these?  I saw them in person at NADA and they are lovely, but still.....
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on September 22, 2014, 06:11:30 PM
http://floridadiscus.com/photo-galle...sh-pictures-2/

How many folks can afford fish like these?  I saw them in person at NADA and they are lovely, but still.....
Barb

"not found"......???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Hmmmm, I will have to try that again, back in a bit.

Barb

I have tried 6 ways to send the link.  None work here.  I have it in my email, how do I get it here?  I tried to copy and paste it here but only the first few letters show up.

Barb

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Give me a break.  NADA was back in June and she hasn't sold the BIS fish?  Guess why?  Nobody with a brain would pay her prices.  She must be on bad drugs to think that they're worth what she's asking.  I know good discus.  I saw the fish at the show.  The fish are very good, but please...

I don't think that she'll last long.
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

Quotenice looking but a little pricey.....

$2800? ? ? ?? for A fish?

Its NICE looking and all that, but For that kinda money it better talk, cook dinner............AND do dishes!

P4Angels

Quote from: EdKaz on September 22, 2014, 09:06:51 PM
$2800? ? ? ?? for A fish?

Its NICE looking and all that, but For that kinda money it better talk, cook dinner............AND do dishes!

And a little somn somn lol!!!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

ghonk

That  is a LOT of cash,but people pay crazy money for other fish.
Koi carp,Arowanas,Rays,and others.

PaulineMi

I wonder how she arrived at those prices?  Beautiful discus.....but  :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

..I know it's been awhile, but a 'bot' was on this thread and I took a look....

......by golly she sold em all.....I wonder what the price of the sale really was.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

So she says.  She and Ricky Lim have parted ways.  I spoke to David about one of his fish from Tony Tan.  Supposedly all his show fish were pre-sold for over a thousand dollars each.  In a pig's eye there were.  He didn't even win a class.  If I remember correctly he had one fish that placed third.  Don't believe everything people say. 

I bought Ricky Lim fish from Mike at Nada.  I swear, he charged me for the price of the fish plus shipping.  My BIS fish cost me $150.  I'll be buying Ricky Lim fish from Ryan this year.  They will be more expensive by far but still reasonable considering their quality.
Always move forward. Never look back.