• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 04:06:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 160
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Albino LF BN (big)

Started by Mugwump, December 09, 2015, 05:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...well looks who's got her trapped in the cave ?.... w!w w!w w!w w!w w!w w!w w!w w!w w!w w!w

fingers crossed....I watched as the little hussy lured him in..... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

I had a pair a few years back that would carry on in and out of the cave all day and all night and all the next day.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 09, 2015, 06:46:56 PM
I had a pair a few years back that would carry on in and out of the cave all day and all night and all the next day.

The old L144 pair was like that....she'd tease him half to death over a day or two.....then jump him when the lights were off.....one night she did tease him to death.....now she's teasing some new young guy......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I had a wild pair that kicked the eggs out, so I put them in a net and hung it where the water came out of the filter. I watched them for a day or so. One day a tail popped out as I watched. I yelled for Gale to come and see it too. It was pretty cool. Sadly, only one survived. But, we got to watch them hatch.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 09, 2015, 06:51:21 PM
I had a wild pair that kicked the eggs out, so I put them in a net and hung it where the water came out of the filter. I watched them for a day or so. One day a tail popped out as I watched. I yelled for Gale to come and see it too. It was pretty cool. Sadly, only one survived. But, we got to watch them hatch.

..fortunately never had a pair toss em out....had a male hide under a piece of wood rather than go spawn again, and again...and again....he went AWOL for over two weeks......enough was enough...LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

At last.  Put me on the list for some, Mug.  No such thing as too many snots.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 09, 2015, 07:02:58 PM
At last.  Put me on the list for some, Mug.  No such thing as too many snots.

Will do.....I'm going down now to check things out....feed 'em....yada yada.....Not sure how I'll know tho...he's so dang big that ya can't even see in the cave, let alone the back end....LOL....altho she'll be slimmer if she dropped a spawn in there...
Jon

Mugwump

I can't tell.... huh....he's still blocking the door to the cave...she's out now.....still 'maybe' plump??..maybe not ?....I'll have to wait til he moves or something....comes out?.... huh
Jon

Mugwump

...was down checking a bit ago, and no eggs yet....so I did a cool/cold water change and fed them blood worms.........she's back inside now... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on December 10, 2015, 10:12:34 AM
...was down checking a bit ago, and no eggs yet....so I did a cool/cold water change and fed them blood worms.........she's back inside now... ;D

LOL....she must be checking his house cleaning....she's back out....but really plump now.....and still hanging around the cave... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..seems that she's spending longer periods of time checking out the cave now....he had her trapped last night for a bit....no spawn yet tho....

more BW's and another cool water change this morn'n, so we'll see if that gets her going  huh
Jon

Mugwump

...that cave has a revolving door on it....in..out..in..out...in.........but now he's out....LOL...these two are driving me nuts..... wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

That pair is driving me nuts more that my fish who are mostly worthless to me either because they won't parent raise or haven't started to pair yet, although I look at them and know they're old enough :'(    It seems that the best fish are the most problematic when it comes to breeding.  It can be so frustrating.

Is she still ripe?  She'll have to do something with those eggs, or are fish able to reabsorb eggs?  Did the guy who bred them ever get fry from the pair?  Have you talked to him?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 20, 2015, 03:08:53 PM
That pair is driving me nuts more that my fish who are mostly worthless to me either because they won't parent raise or haven't started to pair yet, although I look at them and know they're old enough :'(    It seems that the best fish are the most problematic when it comes to breeding.  It can be so frustrating.

Is she still ripe?  She'll have to do something with those eggs, or are fish able to reabsorb eggs?  Did the guy who bred them ever get fry from the pair?  Have you talked to him?

I don't think that she's fully gravid yet ?....and no, she'll dump them......I have no clue who the original breeder is.....

..she'll entice him soon, I'm pretty sure...they both act interested, but just haven't done the deed ...
Jon