• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 01:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

Ta da....zucchini day !!!

Started by Mugwump, October 28, 2014, 08:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..all the Plecos got zucchini this morning....pigs...I need to pick up some green beans and baby carrots...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

May I come be one of your plecos? Sounds like great veggies at your house!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 28, 2014, 01:05:38 PM
May I come be one of your plecos? Sounds like great veggies at your house!

..they love their veggies... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

You do anything special with your carrots Jon?

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Yeah, I'd have thought that carrots would be too hard for them.  Odysseus and his faithful crew finished up their zucchini this morning and are working on Algae pellets now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 28, 2014, 02:32:43 PM

Dennis

you can blanch them...but ysually I just wash em, and toss em...same with zucchini..rinse/slice/rubber band to a flat rock and put em in....slurp....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 28, 2014, 02:50:06 PM

Dennis

you can blanch them...but ysually I just wash em, and toss em...same with zucchini..rinse/slice/rubber band to a flat rock and put em in....slurp....

A person I bought some plecos from in the past used a small cocktail fork to sink the zukes. Just stick it in the side of the zuke slice and drop it in the tank.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 28, 2014, 03:27:51 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 28, 2014, 02:50:06 PM

Dennis

A person I bought some plecos from in the past used a small cocktail fork to sink the zukes. Just stick it in the side of the zuke slice and drop it in the tank.

Yep, and I think Aron made some neat little replashy holders that would work too..
Jon

wsantia1

I bought a bunch of vegetable holders a while back for cheap that have been working out great.  They suction onto the glass and cost me about a buck apiece.  Had them for quite awhile now. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I also like to take a slice of zuke, turn the slice up on edge, and run a peice of the lead wrap bunch plant anchors through the cross-section and drop it in the tank. Most of the time it keeps the slice standing up on edge and it's great for watching the plecos work at it!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I blanch them for a minute and they fall to the bottom on their own.  I don't know if that will work with carrots. 
Always move forward. Never look back.