• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 02:09:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 743
Total: 743

Where's all the 'Early Risers'?

Started by BallAquatics, December 19, 2013, 04:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Went to bed early and got up with the chickens this morning.  The big thaw starts today - temperatures in the 40's.

Dennis

Rjb3

I'm up. It just took me another half hour to get the computer started. Couldn't make it work last night. Charter told me it wasn't their fault. They said my computer was busted. LOL  Some kind of proxy server connection problem. Now, it's time to go to work.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 19, 2013, 05:17:00 AM
.....Some kind of proxy server connection problem.....

You must have some elaborate home network to be running your own proxy server.  I did that about 15 years ago when I first got broadband, but later switched to a wireless/wired router.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 19, 2013, 05:22:01 AM
Quote from: Rjb3 on December 19, 2013, 05:17:00 AM
.....Some kind of proxy server connection problem.....

You must have some elaborate home network to be running your own proxy server.  I did that about 15 years ago when I first got broadband, but later switched to a wireless/wired router.

Dennis

"A wireless/wired router" is the only way to go...and fairly cheap too...I popped one in here a year or so back and we love it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

That's the funny part. I don't have a proxy server. I'm on a wireless. Charter doesn't have a clue.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 19, 2013, 03:57:53 PM
That's the funny part. I don't have a proxy server. I'm on a wireless. Charter doesn't have a clue.

Double check that you're connected wireless to Charter, not a neighbor.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson