• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 09:03:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 560
Total: 561

Poe's 'thump, thump'

Started by Mugwump, November 04, 2013, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Edgar Allen Poe wrote 'The tell tale heart'....yesterday I heard an intermittent thump, in mt little 'puter room...it got eerier and eerier...It seems a young Cardinal male is in a big bush outside my window...he sees his reflection in it and is trying to chase it away.  ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've had that with a Blue Jay.  It was cool. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Usually this happens in the spring, with the little yellow river finches.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We a crazy cardinal hanging around several years ago. He'd hang on the screen on our front door, looking in.  He'd attack his reflection on our sliding glass doors, strutting around on the deck watching his reflection.  He'd even peck at "the bird in the mirrors" on my husband's truck.  Sadly, when we returned from a vacation, there were red feathers in the driveway...no more cardinal. :(
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.