• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 06:01:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 814
Total: 814

pulling fry

Started by P4Angels2, April 21, 2014, 06:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels2

Ok we have a pair that have successfully been raising about 10 kids....how soon can we pull them without hurting the fry and getting the food they need off the parents?

Ron Sower

I don't know the answer, but I do think it's great that you have a successful discus spawn.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Liz, Barb, George, etc ....the discus folks should drop in and comment.....I would think before dome size...??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Must all be sleepy heads.....  Come on folks, we're burning daylight here!!!  LOL

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on April 22, 2014, 06:14:28 AM
Liz, Barb, George, etc ....the discus folks should drop in and comment.....I would think before dome size...??....
Come on, folks....We're all waiting to learn from you!  ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels2

?????? please really need to know what to do..Mom is picking at the cone again already!!!

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 22, 2014, 11:06:43 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 22, 2014, 06:14:28 AM
Come on, folks....We're all waiting to learn from you!  ;)

Mugwump

Take em out then...............better than the parents possibly chowing down...have you tried bbs with them yet?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

we haven't that's what makes me a little nervous pulling them

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on April 22, 2014, 05:29:50 PM
we haven't that's what makes me a little nervous pulling them

So....what are waiting for...???...shoot em some bbs and see if they eat it.....LOL
Jon

P4Angels2

:P I did and they didn't now what?

Mugwump

Jon

P4Angels2

mini torpedoes yet...can't see anything in the way of fins except the tail...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on April 22, 2014, 07:48:59 PM
mini torpedoes yet...can't see anything in the way of fins except the tail...

Probably best to leave them and cross your fingers, they're still too 'attached; to move without them eating bbs or micro worms, etc......
Jon

GeorgeG

I pull my fry between 3 and 4 weeks. I make sure they are eating live baby brine shrimp and eating off the bottom of the tank my decaps

P4Angels2

That's what worries me the most this is the longest they have had fry with them they have eaten them just as they wiggle then 2 days free swimming and now we are at day 5. I did put brine in so that it would go right over the top of them but they stuck to mom instead