• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 05:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 501
Total: 501

My new pet

Started by LizStreithorst, April 12, 2014, 05:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I made a necessary trip into the Big City today.  It's really a large town, but I call it the Big City because it takes forever to drive from one place to the next.  I treated myself to a lovely lunch of sushi and steamed goysia at my favorite restaurant, did my necessary chores and then stopped by my favorite pet store.

I bought a Beta.  He ain't much.  I've seen nicer Betas at Walmart.  This little guy got lucky because a fish keeper rescued him.  I don't name my fish, not even my exceptional ones, because as a breeder, they are means to an end.  This guy is just a pet so I can name him.  His name is Fish.  He's on the coffee table in the fish room in a hex tank that someone gave me years ago that holds maybe 2 gallons of water.  I'm sure that he feels like he's in a large tank after having been in that dang jar they keep them in at the stores.  He's eating mosquito larvae only right now.  He likes them :D
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

LOL!!lOVE HIS NAME. Good for you Liz, i have been wanting a betta for awhile.Might just go to walmart and rescue one myself

Mugwump

Cool, Liz....oddly enough, we've had a single Betta's around here, from time to time....and I saw one last week that I almost bought....LOL...they do grow on ya...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That's cool liz, I like his name too. I also try and not name most of the fish. Only ones I know im not going to breed. And they have to be a special fish too me.
Scott