• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 01:28:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 756
Total: 756

HB fry update....

Started by Mugwump, November 10, 2014, 03:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I moved em over to the 130 yesterday...they were fast out growing the 60 breeder... ;D
They are about 6+ wks old and growing well...those that will turn, should be showing up here soon...
Trust me, there's a bunch more than you can see...LOL

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Wow! That's a lot of fry.  Good luck with them. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Muggers m'dear, could you pretty please post some stills?  It's either Old Faithful, her new monitor, or my crap satellite connection, but the vid comes through all pixelated.  They certainly to look free and happy.  I'm about to move a batch of dimes from a 60 to a 120.  I bet I see the same thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 10, 2014, 04:10:05 PM
Muggers m'dear, could you pretty please post some stills?  It's either Old Faithful, her new monitor, or my crap satellite connection, but the vid comes through all pixelated.  They certainly to look free and happy.  I'm about to move a batch of dimes from a 60 to a 120.  I bet I see the same thing.

Liz, a 'still' pic would be a blur...big time...if you have a few tabs/windows open, close them to free up memory......then try the vid again, it'll play.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

No other tabs open.  I'll try at the shop tomorrow where the lap top is new and the connection is better.  I'd like to have seen it on the big monitor on the PC, though.  How big are they now.  Any sign of turning yet?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 10, 2014, 04:20:16 PM
No other tabs open.  I'll try at the shop tomorrow where the lap top is new and the connection is better.  I'd like to have seen it on the big monitor on the PC, though.  How big are they now.  Any sign of turning yet?

They about pre-dime's+ now...and I can see a little shading, but no turning as yet...they never stop moving so it's hard to tell...LOL.....I'm feeding flake/bbs, and a little teenie greenie...that a lot are eating too..I think that they like my fingers best.. ;D
Jon

JC

Wow that's a lot of fry. Is that all from one batch?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on November 10, 2014, 05:12:48 PM
Wow that's a lot of fry. Is that all from one batch?

LOL...yes, all from the same spawn.....oh, and they're cleaning again  ;D I've let them have the last few spawns...they're getting better ;D..plus, I just did a water change....
Jon

LizStreithorst

They are as nice quality as your pair, Josh.  I don't think that Mug's fish have the pretty spots on the body that your silver has.  Did you get the spots, Joh?  I don't think so.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 10, 2014, 05:49:42 PM
They are as nice quality as your pair, Josh.  I don't think that Mug's fish have the pretty spots on the body that your silver has.  Did you get the spots, Joh?  I don't think so.

A few if you look hard for them....

PM'd a response to you, Liz
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 10, 2014, 06:02:32 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 10, 2014, 05:49:42 PM

A few if you look hard for them....

PM'd a response to you, Liz
Mugs, are you busting her chops in a private message?! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

No Ron, I'd left another mssg that she must not have noticed at the time....it was a reminder.. ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 11, 2014, 06:22:49 AM
No Ron, I'd left another mssg that she must not have noticed at the time....it was a reminder.. ;D
Just kidding.  ;) You knew that...right?  ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 11, 2014, 08:09:57 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 11, 2014, 06:22:49 AM
Just kidding.  ;) You knew that...right?  ;D

Yes...but after I had posted the reminder, I knew it might look odd to some....LOL....best part is that it worked and she replied back.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

b125killer

I got too see them, Jon is right there's so many fry in there it's hard to just look at one with the eye. I'm not sure a camera would focus on anyone fish. And the parent's where cleaning the slate as I was leaving :o
Scott