• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 04:10:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,336
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 557
Total: 558

Rant....

Started by Mugwump, July 21, 2015, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...so the box that I sent arrived in Corona California over night as scheduled...........WTF....then they sent it to Santa Ana California.....HUH?....now delivery is set for tomorrow...... ???  ???  ???

I just don't get the Post Office sometimes.....this is a first for me......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Good luck. 
The box I just sent to California cost $42.  I estimated $25.  The fish had better make it alive.  I'll be pissed if I have to refund money on top of eating a bunch of shipping.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 21, 2015, 02:43:29 PM
Good luck. 
The box I just sent to California cost $42.  I estimated $25.  The fish had better make it alive.  I'll be pissed if I have to refund money on top of eating a bunch of shipping.

Mine was $45 and change...........you shipping to Luis too??.......I'm going for a shipping refund anyway....I paid for next day....not whenever you feel like it.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yes, also to Luis.  I didn't fully understand how the regional Rate boxes work until I got home and looked it up.  It costs a lot more than a large flat rate box if you're shipping to far.  MS to CA is far.

You have a right to a refund.  Have fun fighting with the USPS ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 21, 2015, 03:04:11 PM
Yes, also to Luis.  I didn't fully understand how the regional Rate boxes work until I got home and looked it up.  It costs a lot more than a large flat rate box if you're shipping to far.  MS to CA is far.

I pay the same for Reg "C" boxes as I do for large flat rate........and yep, it just depends on your 'home' PO rates......I do postage on line too...it's easier and, in most cases, saves you a few bucks....
Jon

Mugwump

...guess what??.....Luis just pm'd me and that the USPS site is nuts......they just delivered the box  ;D...all the fish are fine, and he loves them... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...now.......where's my papers?????.................whew....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Look it up.  The regional boxes are not flat rate.  I used that box because it's so hot here I wanted to use a real fish box inside it and fill the gaps with more insulation.  Oh well, lessons learened the hard way are the ones best remembered.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 21, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
...guess what??.....Luis just pm'd me and that the USPS site is nuts......they just delivered the box  ;D...all the fish are fine, and he loves them... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great news ;D ;D ;D  What did you send him?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 21, 2015, 04:02:07 PM
Look it up.  The regional boxes are not flat rate.  I used that box because it's so hot here I wanted to use a real fish box inside it and fill the gaps with more insulation.  Oh well, lessons learened the hard way are the ones best remembered.

Well, I've been doing it that way forever, it says "Reg 'C' Priority", which to me is flat rate.......nobody's questioned it yet when I check em in at the PO.....they always check to see if I have enough postage on there too....??.....oh well....they will say something sooner or later if they disagree and want me to change.....
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 21, 2015, 04:03:26 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 21, 2015, 03:57:00 PM

Great news ;D ;D ;D  What did you send him?

PB blue marbles, etc......
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 21, 2015, 03:04:11 PM

Did it arrive ok?.... ;D...hope so.
Jon

LizStreithorst

It went priority   Express would have been $80.  I'll let you know.

LizStreithorst

His fish arrived 4 hrs ago and I have heard nothing.  I told him to contact me within 2 hrs about DOA's.  No news is good news.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 23, 2015, 03:58:55 PM
His fish arrived 4 hrs ago and I have heard nothing.  I told him to contact me within 2 hrs about DOA's.  No news is good news.

Check FB pm's...that's how he let me know that they arrived ....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Nothing there either.  Besides I told him that I truly hate Facebook and asked that we correspond via email.