• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 06:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

This Pisses Me Off

Started by LizStreithorst, July 18, 2015, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I joined another forum because I saw that my nemesis had joined it.  I told them about my fish room and they asked for pics.  I took a bunch but I can't get the memory card out of the camera.  They will think that I'm a liar.    The camera is a Nikon.  Ir wasn't cheap.  I'll take to to the camera store Monday, but they will have to send it off to Nikon for repair which will cost a dang arm and a leg.  In the mean time the folks at the forum will think that It's not true that I have 1400 gallons of tanks and 500 gallons of water storage,  This is very frustrating. I suppose I could just blow their forum off, but they will think that I am untruthful.  I can't live with that.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 18, 2015, 08:29:19 PM
I joined another forum because I saw that my nemesis had joined it.  I told them about my fish room and they asked for pics.  I took a bunch but I can't get the memory card out of the camera.  They will think that I'm a liar.    The camera is a Nikon.  Ir wasn't cheap.  I'll take to to the camera store Monday, but they will have to send it off to Nikon for repair which will cost a dang arm and a leg.  In the mean time the folks at the forum will think that It's not true that I have 1400 gallons of tanks and 500 gallons of water storage,  This is very frustrating. I suppose I could just blow their forum off, but they will think that I am untruthful.  I can't live with that.

Tweezers....??....needle nose??.....there's usually a little clip that holds em in......don't you have the camera/PC cord for transferring???...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I  am distraught.  I always just push on the card and it comes out.  I got a good grip on it with tweezers.  It did not come out.  I have needle nose pliers but pulling it out with them will destroy another thing in camera body.  I don't want to buy a new camera body but it looks like I will have to.  Mine is a Nikon D80 and she's no spring chicken.   Digital stuff is manufactured to not last forever :(

BallAquatics

LizStreithorst

Thanks for trying to help, Dennis.  Trust me.  The dang thing is stuck in like it has a faithful marriage to the camera body.  My camera is a D80 not a D90.  I bought it when is was the state of the art camera but that was like 10 years ago.  I need a new camera body.  I have  lenses.

If you you want to do me a favor see if you can find me a reconditioned D90 body for cheap.  My lenses should fit the new body.

GraphicGr8s

Should have gotten Pentax.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Barb

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on July 18, 2015, 10:49:47 PM
[/quote

Now, how is this comment supposed to help her when she came here for help?  Let us know.

BallAquatics

:P :P :P  Now that's funny!  I wouldn't trade even one of my Canon cameras for a train load of Pentax.

If I run across something Liz, I'll let you know.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Guess what?  I just got it out ;D ;D ;D ;D  I don't know what I did. I just kept fiddling with it and suddenly it came out just as easily as it always has. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 19, 2015, 09:08:39 AM
Guess what?  I just got it out ;D ;D ;D ;D  I don't know what I did. I just kept fiddling with it and suddenly it came out just as easily as it always has.

LOL.......very nice.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

You just weren't giving it enough TLC Liz.  LOL  If our new technology worked half as well as advertised, I'd be out of a job.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I really can't complain about the camera.  It's almost 10 years old.  The problem is mine.  I expect it to live forever.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 19, 2015, 08:35:43 AM

:P :P :P  Now that's funny!  I wouldn't trade even one of my Canon cameras for a train load of Pentax.

If I run across something Liz, I'll let you know.

Dennis

Can you use glass from the 50's up? They made some great glass way back when. Much of it better than today's stuff. Sans the radioactive lenses some just love.
But let me ask you this. If you do manage to mount the old lens do you get IS? I do.
While you may not like the Pentax they were, and still are, innovators. Many of the things you take for granted were developed by them.
When I was looking to convert to digital I almost stroked the $25G check to go Canon. Switch over totally to a new system. Then I did the research. The K10D was as good as the Canon I was looking at but way cheaper. Plus all my lenses were still fully useable up to the limit of the lens.
And name any Canon or Nikon that can compare to the 645D. And Pentax comes out FF this year.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were