• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 10:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 616
Total: 616

Starting a new on-line course in 4 days.....

Started by BallAquatics, January 16, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Human Evolution: Past and Future

Introduction to the science of human origins, the fossil and archaeological record, and genetic ancestry of living and ancient human populations. The course emphasizes the ways our evolution touches our lives, including health and diet, and explores how deep history may shape the future of our species.

Dennis

Barb

BillT

Sound be pretty cool Dennis.
Lots of new stuff in this field recently.

Mugwump

That looks like a worth while undertaking. Do you have an idea of which splinter topics you'll be following? Future health growth sounds intriguing....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Nothing in particular, I've always found this a fascinating subject.  I can remember pouring over the Time-Life series with my grandpa.  Back then it was though that there wasn't any over-lap with Homo neanderthalensis & Homo sapiens.  Grandpa would just be spell-bound to learn that most people today have about 2-3% neanderthal genes where the species cross bred.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 16, 2014, 08:06:12 PM
Nothing in particular, I've always found this a fascinating subject.  I can remember pouring over the Time-Life series with my grandpa.  Back then it was though that there wasn't any over-lap with Homo neanderthalensis & Homo sapiens.  Grandpa would just be spell-bound to learn that most people today have about 2-3% neanderthal genes where the species cross bred.

Dennis

......"most people today have about 2-3% neanderthal genes where the species cross bred."

Aha, that explains some idiot people I've run in to....... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson