• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 927
  • Online ever: 927
  • (Today at 02:17:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 919
Total: 919

Madagastar Lace....

Started by Mugwump, January 23, 2014, 07:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We got one of these from Aron/Lori when they sent out the plant box a while back..initially it went 'south'..but has made a remarkable recovery as it has settled in....here's what they look like...hard to get a pic of ours, but I'll try again later..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Those are beauties.   Are you doing anything special to bring it along?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Rjb3

I think all the Aponogeton varieties are great looking plants. The bulbs are easy to grow with no special care needed.    They always come back if they melt on you.

BallAquatics

That's cool.  I was always told, we back in the day anyway, that they were a difficult plant to grow in the aquarium.  Way to go Jon!

Dennis

Mugwump

We didn't do much of anything but give it good light and a 'Peabody's root tab a while back....even that didn't seem to help...but now it looks nice....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Here's a pic..not a good one....but you can see some shoots coming up.. ;D

Jon

PaulineMi

Nice.  The new growth looks healthy.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels

Glad we sent you something that lived thru that heat.....  :o
that was my first time shipping plants lessons learned for the next time..... ;D
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on January 23, 2014, 03:42:31 PM
Glad we sent you something that lived thru that heat.....  :o
that was my first time shipping plants lessons learned for the next time..... ;D

I think a few others made it too....but I'd have to look around to see which ones for sure....yep, heat in a box is not a plants friend.. ;D
Jon

b125killer

Wow it's getting big. You have given me hope. I was avoiding that plant. I was told it needed cooler water. I might have to try it. There such a neat looing plant.
Scott