• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:11:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 571
Total: 571

I don't know what I will do.

Started by LizStreithorst, July 12, 2017, 05:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Those women, the one with the missing front tooth, and the daughter who is just as bad but who I like better came to the shop.  The mother asked if I knew anyone who would take Bruno's full brother.  I knew that she wanted me to take him.  Right off, I said "NO!.
Then like a moron, I told them that I'd ask around and see what I could do. I got the daughter's phone number.  They'll never find the little guy a home.  They don't have a car so they can't take him to the humane society.  I could take him to the humane society for them but I'm afraid that I'd see the little guy and fall in love with him and have to keep him. 

I can care for 10 dogs.  There's not enough of me to go around for more than 10.  I know.  I've tried.  I really don't know what to do.  Nobody wants an 8 month old, short haired, mixed breed dog.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 12, 2017, 05:00:09 PM
Those women, the one with the missing front tooth, and the daughter who is just as bad but who I like better came to the shop.  The mother asked if I knew anyone who would take Bruno's full brother.  I knew that she wanted me to take him.  Right off, I said "NO!.
Then like a moron, I told them that I'd ask around and see what I could do. I got the daughter's phone number.  They'll never find the little guy a home.  They don't have a car so they can't take him to the humane society.  I could take him to the humane society for them but I'm afraid that I'd see the little guy and fall in love with him and have to keep him. 

I can care for 10 dogs.  There's not enough of me to go around for more than 10.  I know.  I've tried.  I really don't know what to do.  Nobody wants an 8 month old, short haired, mixed breed dog.

....put a sign in your shop window....and let them hold the dog til / if sold.......and 'no' is still 'no'...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Sell it?  Surely you jest. I don't sell stuff, period.  I'm a groomer not a pet store.  The last thing I would want to do is sell dog.  Just the thought of trading dogs for money repulses me. 

No probably means no but I hate turning my back on a dog in need.  I'll sleep on it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 12, 2017, 06:18:47 PM
Sell it?  Surely you jest. I don't sell stuff, period.  I'm a groomer not a pet store.  The last thing I would want to do is sell dog.  Just the thought of trading dogs for money repulses me. 

No probably means no but I hate turning my back on a dog in need.  I'll sleep on it.

....I did not mention sell...............................just post it for the folks...............sheesh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll sleep on it.  I am emotionally incapable of confining a dog to a cage for more than a few hours.  That's why I can't board dogs.  I feel sorry for them and bring them home and turn them loose.  No dogs disappeared but I knew that I wasn't a safe place to board a dog, so I quit even though boarding is quite lucrative.

I could get the dog from them and take it straight to the humane society I could do it.  But if the dog showed up and it was as afraid, and confused, and in need of understanding as Bruno was, my heart would break and I'd be struck with him.

I'll sleep on it.  The answer always comes when I'm asleep.

Ron Sower

You'll figure out what's right for the dog, Liz....and you |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I didn't go into work today.  My excuse is that I sold $100. worth of fish that cost me more to raise than I sold them for.  That was excuse enough for someone who is semi-retired, right?

My timing was perfect.  I'd bet money that those women showed up at my shop with the dog.  The daughter is OK.  The mother is a user.  They are both poor as dirt and mentally retarded, but the daughter who is the weirder of the two seems honest.

I'm glad I missed seeing the dog.