• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 908
Total: 909

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Japan has a pedal powered roller coaster.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I like the shows.  Every once in a while I get in the mood and watch a few on YouTube.  His co-actors, at least Art Carney said that he was a PITA and very demanding to work with but the shows themselves are still good today.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iv_zHJY2dM&index=2&list=PLwunUYpGqu89gWpCU-VHhusFKLMS4lMij
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 29, 2016, 07:39:53 PM
I like the shows.  Every once in a while I get in the mood and watch a few on YouTube.  His co-actors, at least Art Carney said that he was a PITA and very demanding to work with but the shows themselves are still good today.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iv_zHJY2dM&index=2&list=PLwunUYpGqu89gWpCU-VHhusFKLMS4lMij

I think the tabloids tried to make up a nonexistent feud years ago....they actually were quite fond of each other...as well as the rest of 'The Honeymooner's' cast....

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20091779,00.html

Jon

LizStreithorst

I didn't say their was a feud.  I heard Art Carney interviewed, by Terri Gross if I'm not mistaken.  He said that Gelason was a quick study while Carney himself was not.  He said that Gleason was a perfectionist and impatient.  No feud.  The man, despite his faults did great work.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 29, 2016, 08:19:34 PM
I didn't say their was a feud.  I heard Art Carney interviewed, by Terri Gross if I'm not mistaken.  He said that Gelason was a quick study while Carney himself was not.  He said that Gleason was a perfectionist and impatient.  No feud.  The man, despite his faults did great work.

Yes, Jackie could memorize his lines early the day of doing each show....he was a really bright guy....never considered that a fault tho...Art was good at improve tho.....the show was fantastic....a true classic... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Only the lack of patience with "normal" people was a fault.  He expected everyone to be like he was.  Very very few people have the gift that he had.  Everything he did was good.  Here's another good Honeymooner's:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iv_zHJY2dM&list=PLwunUYpGqu89gWpCU-VHhusFKLMS4lMij&index=2

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Church on the Great Plains, 1949, Dorothea Lange
Jon

Mugwump

Washing Camels, Gaza, Palestine, 1943
Jon

Mugwump

Jon