• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:02:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 929
  • Online ever: 929
  • (Today at 02:52:26 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 922
Total: 923

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2015, 10:22:29 AM
....wait for it.....

nice lightening.
What is the weird thing to the left going up to the top left corner after the lightening?

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on September 25, 2015, 01:23:50 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2015, 10:22:29 AM
....wait for it.....

nice lightening.
What is the weird thing to the left going up to the top left corner after the lightening?

I'd guess the camera still refocusing after the flash.....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I thought that it was the dissipation of the lightning. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 25, 2015, 01:43:08 PM
I thought that it was the dissipation of the lightning.

After looking again, it could be that too.....but the camera lens definitely goes into recovery mode from the flash....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I kinda think that the camera lens gets back to normal faster than the human eye, but it was just my guess.  Now I wish I knew for sure.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 25, 2015, 03:05:10 PM
I kinda think that the camera lens gets back to normal faster than the human eye, but it was just my guess.  Now I wish I knew for sure.

Look at the color distortion in the pic after the lightening hits.....gold/amber blurred, etc.....but who knows??...
Jon

BillT

I can not figure it out.

After your hypothesis about camera refocusing, I checked out the focus at that point thinking it might be something like focusing through some kind of windshield wiper mark on the windshield. But everything seems to be in focus, from the hood to far distances, .
So I'm completely unsure.

Might be some other camera recovery effect but I don't know what.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on September 25, 2015, 03:59:51 PM
I can not figure it out.

After your hypothesis about camera refocusing, I checked out the focus at that point thinking it might be something like focusing through some kind of windshield wiper mark on the windshield. But everything seems to be in focus, from the hood to far distances, .
So I'm completely unsure.

Might be some other camera recovery effect but I don't know what.

Looks like a squad car....that would be their camera......I wouldn't have a clue either to how different they may be...??....perhaps it's something in the playback feature....or another thought....the electrons from the lightening dispersing at different rates in the air....'St Elmo's' fire....
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon