• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 10:17:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 354
Total: 354

Dreary Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, March 23, 2021, 10:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The weather man said it would rain today but I decided not to believe it.  I had planned to be out gardening all day.  So much for that.  We will have nothing but rain and storms for three days straight >:(

Earlier as I was sitting here in the office I saw a couple of young deed playing chase in the pasture.  They'd run full blast in one direction, then turn around and run full blast in the other direction.  It was fun to watch.

After all my wasting of gasoline yesterday, I realized that Tink is almost out of Lasix so I'll head back to Hattiesburg to the vet today.  I'll stop by the fish store and visit with Twee for a while.  She's been on a well deserved vacation.  I've missed her.  After that, who knows.  I suppose I should try to get in the mood to clean house.  It's a never ending job here, but once I get in the mood it can be very satisfying.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, dreary here too.  And more rain is to come.  I did have an outing to the beach today, just shopping and appts.  But it was nice to get away for a few hrs.  I finished my discus cones today, now they need to dry and then be fired.  Should be all finished in about 10 days I think.  There are deer around my neighborhood, but they stay back in the woods.  Once in awhile I see one, usually at dusk.  Do you ever see fawns too?  We do have a ton of ducks on our neighborhood ponds.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Yes.  They have their babies in late Spring.

wsantia1

Hi everyone. I was on in the morning but forgot to say hello. I had a dental appointment and the good news is that all I needed today was a cleaning. The bad news is that I will need a crown on a molar in the near future.

It was sunny and nice most of the day but now that the sun has gone down it has gotten cool and breezy. The rain will move in tomorrow afternoon.

We do have some deer here but not many. Housing development has removed most of the trees so the deer have moved on. Sometimes I see deer in the park early in the morning when I walk Kobe. Lots of vegetation there and it's only 2 miles down the road.

The foxes are still here though. We want them to stay. There are no backyard chickens are allowed here but I'm sure they feast on the rabbits, squirrels and ducks.

BTW I can tell that spring has already arrived because my allergies have already kicked in.

Good night everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, Jack and Judy, my closest neighbors, told me we have a pair of fox.  I used to see them playing in the side pasture.  They would bounce around playing like their legs were springs.  But until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't seen a fox for years when I spotted a beautiful well fed one by the barn in the front pasture.  I called Judy all excited to tell her, because despite the fact that I have chickens, I love them.  That's when Judy told me that she and Jack feed them.  They give them meat scraps out in their ajacent pasture where they feed the deer that they also like to watch.  They even feed the squirrels.

BTW, how are the temperatures running up there?  Is it time yet to separate female rams for you?

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 24, 2021, 06:48:10 AM
Willie, Jack and Judy, my closest neighbors, told me we have a pair of fox.  I used to see them playing in the side pasture.  They would bounce around playing like their legs were springs.  But until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't seen a fox for years when I spotted a beautiful well fed one by the barn in the front pasture.  I called Judy all excited to tell her, because despite the fact that I have chickens, I love them.  That's when Judy told me that she and Jack feed them.  They give them meat scraps out in their ajacent pasture where they feed the deer that they also like to watch.  They even feed the squirrels.

BTW, how are the temperatures running up there?  Is it time yet to separate female rams for you?

Liz over the next 10 days our lowest high temp will be on April 2. Most days will be in the high 50s to low 60s. They say we are going to be 81 this Friday. That is a real outlier.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I need for the lows to be no lower than 50.  As soon as I ship off the last box of the week today I'll start gathering your girls.  You need 3 females, right?

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 24, 2021, 08:42:46 AM
I need for the lows to be no lower than 50.  As soon as I ship off the last box of the week today I'll start gathering your girls.  You need 3 females, right?

Liz we discussed 2 females but since that would leave me with 4 males and 3 females I will buy the third female from you if it's available. That would leave me with 4 pairs and then maybe I can get something going. mim
Willie

LizStreithorst

Sure, I can send you 4 females if you want 4.  Just let me know for sure how many and when it's warm enough. 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 24, 2021, 10:36:46 AM
Sure, I can send you 4 females if you want 4.  Just let me know for sure how many and when it's warm enough.

Thanks Liz
Willie