• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 08:16:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 600
Total: 600

Greetings from the Great Northwest - Lynnwood, WA .

Started by P4Angels, October 21, 2012, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

First let me say what how wonderful it is to have a place like this.. I have been on this forum for some time.  We have been members of other forums and this feel like home to us both (my self and P4Angels2).

We first met Jon a few years back, I worked in Chicago at Great Lakes Training Command (retired Navy) and drove back and forth from Iowa on the weekends.  One weekend I stopped over to another fish enthusiast that lived only a couple blocks away.    Only to find that out just hours later as I was reading one of his posts harassing me for not stopping by. So the next weekend my lovely bride and I stopped over to meet this Mugwump guy?  Jon and Jan took us in like we where family and known each other for a life time. Each  taking turns showing us there fish and answering any and all questions we might have.  Invited us to come back and did on every possible occasion.   Oh the stories our fish could tell.   

Soon after we where named the Breeding Gods. Nothing like you might first think.   Seemed that every time we entered Jon's fish room all we had to do was stand next to a tank and they would start running the slats.   The more that we stopped over the more it happened.  Jon would insist that we stand next to one of his tanks an sure enough with in hours of us leaving they would do there magic. 

Jon was there to take us to our first fish swap the GCCA.  Laughing at us as ran from one end to the other and back again.  I think we took as much home as much as we helped Jon bagged that day.

So it is good to be back with family and friends.   I have said it once and will say it many times.  Some of the best people you will ever meet are fish people.
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels2

Was a lot of fun that first visit...Jon and Aron went 1 direction and Jan and I went another...then they reversed it...Was so much fun...Jon had me put my hand in the tank and actually "play" with his baby angels....this is someone that won't touch worms or fish from a pond but I have my hands in the tanks with all of our babies and even a few of the adults..some of which really seem to enjoy it as they will rub up against my fingers...and the fun of getting angel kisses is something amazing!!! Haven't yet tried to "play" with a BN but don't think that will ever happen!!!!

So Jon and Jan thank you so much for taking us in as a part of the family and teaching us and sharing so much fun and laughter!!  I know that had we had more time the 1 time you came to our house in Iowa we would have raised the roof off the OX Yoke INN when Peter and Deb also came for a visit....such good times!! Just keep Aron away from the bottom end of a wine bottle (another story) and of course my youngest almost getting blamed for starting a food fight when it was the other "bigger" kids that night...... :o

I really look forward to spending more time here and sharing more stories and laughter!!!

Rjb3

We had the same experience with Jon and Jan. Great people. We met them at a GCCA swap and have been friends ever since. Traded a few fish, told some stories. You know, fun stuff.

Mugwump

We should probably have a reunion some day. You folks are amongst our dearest friends, and we miss having you all over.  Besides, Bob hasn't seen Abby and Aron(on his knees), chase each other around our dining room table.... :o :o :o :o :o
And , Aron and Lori, you haven't seen ,Captn Bob's and Gale's, fish room, and  fish food center..don't forget Scott....LOL...I think he's up to 5-6 tanks now......LOL....Frank,diguised as a plumber, who's hatchery is nestled in the woods area somewhere.....fish folks are the best...
I hope to meet everyone here someday...that would be just the greatest...really..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Reunion?  We're in. Give me as much notice as you can. Gale travels a lot and I'd hate for her to miss it. She's missed several swaps due to traveling to book conventions.

Deb

Ah...the Ox Yoke Inn.  Nope, it'll never be the same.  ;D   I will never forget that night as long as I live.  It took me a while to recover from that one.  My sides and stomach were sore for days from laughing so hard.  Great times for sure!

Great to see you here, Lori and Aron.  *hugs*

P4Angels2

Oh my god my sides hurt too Deb!!! Would love to have another night just like it!!! ::) ;D :)