• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 04:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 729
Total: 729

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Georgia O'Keeffe, New Mexico, 1958, Don Worth

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Bikini atoll...Marshall islands
The Marshall Islands are marking 60 years since the devastating US hydrogen bomb test at Bikini Atoll, with exiled islanders saying they are too fearful to ever go back because of nuclear contamination.

Part of the intense cold war nuclear arms race, the 15-megatonne Bravo test on 1 March 1954 was a thousand times more powerful than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima. It exposed thousands in the surrounding area to radioactive fallout.

Bikini islanders and their descendants have lived in exile since they were moved for the first weapons tests in 1946. When US government scientists declared Bikini safe for resettlement some residents were allowed to return in the early 1970s. But they were removed again in 1978 after ingesting high levels of radiation from eating foods grown on the former nuclear test site.

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BillT

About ten years ago I went to an old ear-nose and throat doctor for something and noticed a picture similar to the one Dennis posted on the wall.
Turns out he was a navy doctor there for many of the Bikini tests.
Sadly, he didn't seem to have a lot of interesting stories (no Godzilla etc.).

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Darth Vader's wonderful wife - Ella.

Or more fully known as Ella Vader!
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 05, 2016, 08:13:11 PM

I heard she's bi-polar, always up and down.
His first wife was Inna.....Inna Vader! They split up because she was always coming up with some crazy new idea every day...

Don't get me going! I'm starting to come back now that the surgery is behind me!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 05, 2016, 08:21:47 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 05, 2016, 08:13:11 PM

I heard she's bi-polar, always up and down.
His first wife was Inna.....Inna Vader! They split up because she was always coming up with some crazy new idea every day...

Don't get me going! I'm starting to come back now that the surgery is behind me!

LOL..... ;D
Jon