• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 481
Total: 481

Watch out for CL

Started by JR, March 12, 2014, 07:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I have four 10000 LB lifts on CL for 8000K. A guy talked me down to 6000. I just would like to get rid of them they take up to much room. Old boy came over to get them tonight. He brought 4 big boys with him. I did not like that told him I had a forklift and could load them for him. He went to pay me and only had 4000 said that is all there worth and that was all he was going to pay. He said that is just the way it is. He did not know my shop manager and 4 tech' s were still at the shop. My manager herd me get loud and came out and ask if there was a problem I said not now my tech's came out with him. I did not know they were still there glad they were. I got my 6000. You have to love Dayton Ohio
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on March 12, 2014, 07:30:55 PM
I have four 10000 LB lifts on CL for 8000K. A guy talked me down to 6000. I just would like to get rid of them they take up to much room. Old boy came over to get them tonight. He brought 4 big boys with him. I did not like that told him I had a forklift and could load them for him. He went to pay me and only had 4000 said that is all there worth and that was all he was going to pay. He said that is just the way it is. He did not know my shop manager and 4 tech' s were still at the shop. My manager herd me get loud and came out and ask if there was a problem I said not now my tech's came out with him. I did not know they were still there glad they were. I got my 6000. You have to love Dayton Ohio

There's too many of those brash types walking around.....sad....even if they hadn't been there, I'm sure that you had an equalizer there somewhere.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

I do carry but loud talk wont get them out. He thought I was alone. I did to. I did not go in the front my guys are always gone by 5:45.I just hate it when youg men think they can get over on a older man.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on March 12, 2014, 08:13:28 PM
I do carry but loud talk wont get them out. He thought I was alone. I did to. I did not go in the front my guys are always gone by 5:45.I just hate it when youg men think they can get over on a older man.

I hear ya,,,but for some stupid folk, loud talk can escalate real fast into a physical nature if they think they have one up on ya....I hate bully's......spot em a mile off..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I can't believe that somebody tried to do you that way.  It's a good thing it didn't happen to me.  I'd have been furious and when I'm furious become fearless.  I'd have ended up dead.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Frank The Plumber

You'll end up dead selling on CL in Chicago. They get into your shop, lock you in and stab you and clean out your shop. Its BS.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

ghonk

I have sold stuff on CL about 15 times with no problem,yet.
But you  never know,only takes once.I also don't think it's any more dangerois then  areas i have lived an worked in,and that was a daily thing.