• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 496
Total: 497

Another Rant

Started by LizStreithorst, March 09, 2014, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Obama Care >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:

Most folks I know are mean spirited Republicans and think it's the embodiment of evil.  I'm a bleeding heart Democrat and I want it.  I have had health insurance most all my life until I got poor several years ago.

I try and try to apply.  I've tried several times since back when we were supposed to do it last year before they found out that the site was screwed up.  I finally called the "help center" twice today.  They didn't help much.  If I didn't already drink I'd have been driven to it.  They have me drinking and smoking natural substances ATM.  I've never taken Valium but If I had one I would take it.  I got so frustrated that I cleaned house.  None of my various attempts to relieve my frustrations has helped.

If I don't succeed soon I'll tell the president to shove it, pay the stupid penalty for two more years, and wait for Medicare. 

I am not in a good mood.  I think I'll drive out to where the daffodils are growing wild, pick some for the house, and may be mark another clump to dig up later in the year.   I think that perhaps I don't deal well with frustration.  It overwhelms me.  All I want is what the law says I have a right to.  That is NOT asking too much!

Sorry :-[
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Doesn't Mississippi have a state insurance exchange??....try calling during the week when better help should be around too....which plan, on the site are you considering?...did you fill out the forms on line?...I think after doing that, things might be detailed better??.....it'll work out... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mississippi is a very red state.  We apparently didn't think that we should have invested in a State exchange.  We didn't enlarge Medicaid ether so there are lots of very poor people who are left with no option at all! other than going to the ER.  I selected the better of the 2 silver plans.  I sent them my income information from my tax return last year. I know that it should cost me about $260 a month.   All I want to do is pay and get it!

I got rid of some frustration by digging garden dirt.  My gentleman friend just sent me via email a daffodil bouquet that he'd picked from his garden  this morning.  That was nice.  It did me good. I feel some better. but I'm not ready to beat my head against the wall any more today.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks Mug.  I needed a bit of empathy.

LizStreithorst

It was too beautiful a day to screw up trying yet again to get health insurance.  I have until March 30th.  I will try again when I feel more optimistic of success.