• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 555
Total: 555

One of my rants

Started by LizStreithorst, March 07, 2014, 07:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have dealt with this piece or crap satiate internet connection since I moved back home 5 years ago.  It was the only thing better than dial up which was my only other option at the time.  There are these new guys called Tec.com.
All they need is that I have a  phone thing plug in a room.  It will only cost $!00  for them to set it up.  They will bury the line from the phone box to the house for free!  They don't care that it's far away!  Their basic service is a gazillion times faster than this garbage I have now  It costs $6.00 per month more that what I'm paying.  I will call them Monday.  I can no longer deal with what I have.  Right now, when I try to download email between late afternoon and at least 9pm.  It times out!  This is not acceptable.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

HARRRRRRRUMPHHHH!!!!!  I have emailed 2 people who I want to hear back from.  I try to down load my email.  There are 4 messages that want to come to me, but it times out before I can receive them!!!!  I've had enough of this.

Mugwump

Come on up to the 21 century...... ;D...git er done.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The 21st century has just recently become available to me.  It's not the real 21st century. but it will do. Folks in third world countries have a cheaper and way way faster internet than what I can see in my future.  The cost of what is available to me is way out of line.  I pay $69.  month for this crap I have now.  It will be $75. a month with the faster people.  Pisses me of to pay too much for sub standard service. I say that fast reliable internet service should cost no more than $35. monthly.

Bye,  I'm fixin' to check my recalcitrant email again :-\

Mugwump

I can remember dial up....it was so 's.....l......o.......w'......   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Liz, while we live only 30 miles from the state capital and a major university we can't get broadband service or cable TV where I live.  Last year we upgraded to satellite from a radio signal internet service that was sent from the top of a barn silo to our receiver.  The satellite service is 98% wonderful!  I hope you enjoy the change as much as we do.

Your frustration is understandable.  Our telephones (weak signal on cell phones) have been out for three days. They're supposed to be fixed by 5 p.m. today. This happens about three times per year.

None of the incoveniences, some of which could be emergencies, are about people. They're about the bottom line in the profit margin.....and I'll stop now cuz I'm getting ready to rant about who and what enjoy subsidies.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

You got to love the engineers at Google.....

Dennis

Mugwump

I'd seen that too.....feasible but....storms and winds could be a big factor in how good it might work....
Jon

ilroost

It's the price you pay for living out in the country. I just got verizon but it's only 3g. only thing available out here in the middle of nowhere, but i would rather live out here than in town anyday. My closest nieghbor is over a mile away