• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:43:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 569
Total: 569

Jury duty

Started by LizStreithorst, March 05, 2014, 07:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I never new it was so hard.  I thought that if they wanted me, they would politely phone me and tell me.  NO!  They put it on me!  I have to call every evening after 6:30, just when I'm in my own little zone, and listen to the automated voice and punch in numbers.  I'm proud to do my duty but I don't like them asking me in such an impolite manner.  Does it work like this everywhere?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2014, 07:19:21 PM
I never new it was so hard.  I thought that if they wanted me, they would politely phone me and tell me.  NO!  They put it on me!  I have to call every evening after 6:30, just when I'm in my own little zone, and listen to the automated voice and punch in numbers.  I'm proud to do my duty but I don't like them asking me in such an impolite manner.  Does it work like this everywhere?

More or less..perhaps you'll get lucky and get a good case... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

That is the way it is here. You have to call in five nights in a row.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

If you ask me it's a rude way to do it. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2014, 08:41:04 PM
If you ask me it's a rude way to do it.

They used to make you report to the court house every day.....the phone thingy is really easier.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The very nerve of them making you go to the court house!  That would be 20 miles round trip for me.  I would abdicate before I would do that!  The way it is now is bad and suddenly I find out that it used to be worse?  This is not acceptable.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2014, 09:09:30 PM
The very nerve of them making you go to the court house!  That would be 20 miles round trip for me.  I would abdicate before I would do that!  The way it is now is bad and suddenly I find out that it used to be worse?  This is not acceptable.

Yep, especially when the horses were tired, and I forgot to grease the buggy wheels.... ;D
Jon