• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:16:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 527
Total: 527

This sucks

Started by LizStreithorst, March 04, 2014, 02:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I know y'all think that I have my nerve to bitch about the weather.  I don't care.  This is brutal.  Sunday I was in shorts and a T shirt cutting daffodils in the woods.  Temp was in the upper 70's.  This morning it was 30 degrees when I got up.  Right now it's 32 and raining.  The water droplets are turning to ice on the trees.  Thank God it's supposed to get warmer rather than colder.  I can't believe that I had dogs today, but I did.  Only one older lady cancelled due to the cold.

I've had it with this weather cycle we've been having.  Spring one day, the worst  miserable winter the next.  Human bodies can't acclimate to that.  The polar vortex can take a flying leap into a frozen lake.  I want Spring!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

Spring would be good. Woke up to two more inches of snow this morning.

PaulineMi

It's all relative Liz.  Your temperature extremes are to you what ours are to us.  It all sucks...extremes throughout the U.S.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

What a lovely day...the suns out, and it's a balmy 21 degs....a couple inches of snow expected tomorrow...things are looking up.....might be 40 degs next Monday....WOW ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You're right, Pauline. 

Barb

I agree Liz, same here.  Freezing rain, icicles, temps in the 20's.  For us this is indeed a brutal winter.  All my daffodils froze last night, hundreds of dead yellow blooms.  Some early blooming trees, in full bloom, all froze last night too.  BTW,Bill is gradually getting better.  As long as he comes home eventually, I don't care about the weather.  Left ICU yesterday.  May move to a nursing home or rehab facility in a few days.
Barb

Mugwump

Sorry about the plants....but good to hear that Bill's having good progress ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

it F%$^&$#* sux M*&^%%rf*(&%^$# Beans...God %$^$ Moth&%^$#@@g weather.....cant ship fish in it...bunch of F*&^%$g bul^%$$#@t..........hows that for a feeling...?
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on March 04, 2014, 05:29:15 PM
it F%$^&$#* sux M*&^%%rf*(&%^$# Beans...God %$^$ Moth&%^$#@@g weather.....cant ship fish in it...bunch of F*&^%$g bul^%$$#@t..........hows that for a feeling...?

Precisely .... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on March 04, 2014, 05:29:15 PM
Pretty much lets me know what you're thinking about the weather.  Guess I shouldn't complain about our 50+ temp with rain!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Best news I've had all day, Barb!  Bill is getting better and I have business.  The dreadful weather isn't a big deal.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 04, 2014, 06:59:36 PM
Best news I've had all day, Barb!  Bill is getting better and I have business.  The dreadful weather isn't a big deal.

+1   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 04, 2014, 08:03:36 PM

+1   :)
+2   :)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

yep, makes things a lot better ;D
Jon

P4Angels

Ron, don't tell them about our nice 50 degree weather... no wounder they ate all your brownies... lol

I hate to tell you all this, but it's been raining here again so that means it heading your way again.... Just an FYI... LOL!!!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...