• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 10:19:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 755
Total: 755

Our surprise yesterday

Started by Barb, January 12, 2014, 01:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

As most of you know, we had to bury our elderly ill boy cat last week.  We had planned, I mean "I" had planned to get another cat to go with our 3 girl cats.  I like having 4.  But we were going to wait until Spring or early Summer. 

But yesterday our daughter and son in law were at a local pet store to get cat and dog food.  Of course there was a cat adoption from a local no-kill shelter there with 8 cats looking and hoping for homes. Diane saw a cat she knew I would LOVE, called me, I said NO, but she convinced me I needed to come see her.  Of course I went. An hour later I was driving home with Annie, we named her, the shelter name for her was Marcia.  She is 2 we think.  I will be taking her to the vet tomorrow for a complete checkup.  She is spayed and has shots.  How could anyone have given up such a sweet, mild mannered and beautiful cat?  But glad they did, she is ours now forever.  Here she is.  Our other girls like her already.
Barb (much happier than I was this time last week)

wiggs

Barb, that is a very pretty cat. I love her colors, sometimes the older ones are the best. :D
Jan

Mugwump

What gorgeous cat....absolutely beautiful...congrats....she's a doll...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

She is sooooooo pretty and very lucky. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Owl307

really gorgeous!!! i love her coloring!!! calico has always been my fav.
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Barb

Thanks Jan, Jon, Pauline and Owl.  She is a great pet, our other cats are getting used to her.  The shelter she was in has over 100 cats for adoption!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 12, 2014, 06:21:39 PM
Thanks Jan, Jon, Pauline and Owl.  She is a great pet, our other cats are getting used to her.  The shelter she was in has over 100 cats for adoption!
Barb

That's sad isn't it...ours is crowded too...thank heavens a lot of them find good homes..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

That is sad the shelters around here will not even take cats anymore. You can walk out my front door and see at least a dozen cats at anyone time. Barb that is a very fine looking cat.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

sure is....and I forgot to mention those loooonnnnnnnggggg..whiskers ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...cheek ticklers
Jon

b125killer

What a pretty cat Barb.  And luck too have found you. It is sad to see so many unwanted pets in the shelters.  People need to pull there heads butts.
Scott

Barb

Thanks guys,  yes there are so many unwanted cats and dogs.  I have a friend who works in a shelter, it is just horrible to hear her tell me how many animals they kill each week.  Just heartbreaking.  Cats get 2 or 3 days there, and if not adopted, they are killed.  Thankfully our new cat came from a place where they place all the animals sooner or later.
Barb