• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 732
Total: 732

2nd Place

Started by JR, March 03, 2013, 06:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Got back about a hour ago. It has been years since Patty and I had so much fun. There was 80 pickers there. The old boy that beat me out was the best I have ever herd pick a Banjo. He is 82 and blind. He can make a Banjo talk. He did tell me I made him work for it. I think he was just being nice. In 5 or 6 weeks I will have a video and will post it
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Zounds !!...must have been some nasty competition....losing ain't all bad, when you know the guys pretty damn good....congrats....can't wait for the vid....sounds like that vid will be a good one to watch....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Congrats, that is awsome.
Glad you had a good time

P4Angels

Can't wait to see the video..
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

JR

And They called him Pops. I had been watching him both days. I beat him on Saturday. He was holding back. I thought I had this in the bag. When it came down to us at the end. I got to go first and tore it up. He got up and went old school on me. He started picking Claw hammer style on me. We played 3 Tunes each. He killed me. I was like dam he can pick. 1st place went to the best man. We both were asked to come back next year. I will be ready for him next year.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

That sounds like so much fun. Congratulations on almost winning.  Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

At a boy JR!  Sounds like the old boy is quite the character, and a good time was had by all.  Can't wait for the video.  Nothing can soothe the soul like some kick ass pickin'

Dennis

b125killer

It's not winning or losing that matters. it's that you guys had fun.
Scott

Ron Sower

You didn't do too bad if you came in second, dude!  Especially to an 82 YO!  He's had a hell of a lot more time to practice!!!!!
Congrat on the second place and congrats on getting the return invitation and congrats on having a great weekend!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Cool.  I look forward to the video.  I love the banjo.
Always move forward. Never look back.

pashley

congrats, can't wait to see the video. love me some good banjo pick'n ;D