• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:38:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 842
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 837
Total: 838

Sunday greetings!

Started by Barb, February 13, 2022, 06:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, sorry I missed yesterday. It has been so warm here lately, I was out and about a lot.  But back to cold today.  This is such a weird Winter.  My mom is on day 6 at a nursing home, doing very well, and expect she will be strong enough to go back to her apt. in a couple more weeks. 
Liz, sorry you are in tough pain until you get your new pain med. again.  Too bad they can't give you enough without you running out.  That should not happen.

Ron, those cream color mystery snails are Houdinis, I began with 14, now have only 3 left.  But have found only one dead dried up snail out of the tank, under a cabinet which is about 20 ft. from the tank.  I even have the tank covered!

How are things up in Del. Willie?  Any snow left, more to come?  How is your back doing?
You all have a good Sunday, and I will see you here later today.  I go see my mom daily.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning Barb.  It's wonderful news about your mother.  Who would have thunk after the condition she was in a week ago.  Give her my best wishes.

This thing about being out of drugs isn't as bad as I had feared, at least so far.  Except for chores I'm spending most of my time in bed.  Since April figured out the FireStick for me being in bed isn't too boring.  I spent most of yesterday evening pigging out on British comedies.  The dogs are sure loving having mom in bed.  As long as I can avoid withdrawal I can live with it.  Don't expect to hear any exciting news coming from my way, though.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Ladies!...and good morning to you!...Willie, too, when you check in...

It's 57 and sunny right now and going to 81 and sunny as the day progresses...

BARB, So good to know that your Mom is getting better |^|

It's going to be a slow day today... a friend gave me some really nice Trident Java Fern attached to a piece of granite last night at the meeting...I put it in the new 75 that I'm developing for discus and angels...looks good so far...I'll be attaching more onto other rock and stems today...also I'm going over the Stan's to cut a hole in the back of one of his aquarium stands for electrics to pass through...later, might watch some of the Super Bowl...we don't have a dog in this fight but hope the commercials are entertaining...

The last couple days and this morning the Gamble's Quail in our community are very actively starting to call out searching for mates...I see them running around in groups of 3 or more, I think mostly males chasing the females!...Gila Woodpeckers are calling and are real active in the old Saguaro in our next door neighbor's front yard...cottontails are out and about too...pretty soon mourning doves will be trying to build nests someplace on our carport!...Spring is on its way  |^| |^| |^|  ...since the weather is nicer now, I should start working my dragonstone again...my "studio" is a nook out on the covered carport and weather affects my desire to create or not create :D :D :

Lucy is up now...I hear her in the kitchen, so I'll head in there to get my cereal...have a great day guys and gals...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It's been a pretty cold Sunday but not cold enough for the snow that's coming down to stick on anything but the grass. The snow is expected to stop around 6:00 pm which is also the starting time of the Super Bowl.

Barb, I am very happy to hear the good news about your mother. Even though she is doing good in the nursing home I bet she is happy about being able to return home soon. Barb, I have all of the Mystery snails you would ever need and they come from Liz. lol

Liz , I have a firestick setup in my fishroom. It allows me to work in the fishroom even when I need to watch something on the TV, It is especially useful during the football season. Enjoy your time in the bed. The extra rest will do you lots of good.

Ron, you have a spring season? I thought your seasons were "Early Summer, Mid Summer and Late Summer". I'm sure that you are not missing the weather in the Northwest or the Northeast. BTW I have no dog in the fight tonight either but I'd love to see the Rams win.

Everyone, I may be jinxing myself but I've been feeling much better lately and on Friday I go in to get my second back injection. Hopefully the good effects last longer this time.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

We decided to go to the Goldfield Mine for our Valentine treat to have lunch...it's a ghost town, of which there are many in AZ due to the gold rushes...it's a tourist town with one up paved street and old buildings that sell tourist items...it's a 20minute or less drive from our home...after large burgers at the Mammoth Saloon and Steak House we strolled along with other tourists and checked out the stores and viewed Superstition Mountain, watched a six-shooter gunfight in the middle of town...then both of us had huge ice cream cones, |eat| |eat| |eat|...after 2 years here, it's about time we got there!...

Willie..looks like your temporary team pulled it off!...we ended up pulling for the Bengals...this makes 8 years in a row that the winner of the coin toss at the beginning of the game has lost the super bowl!...

Hope you folks had a good day too...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 13, 2022, 01:54:01 PM
Ron, you have a spring season? I thought your seasons were "Early Summer, Mid Summer and Late Summer"
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron