• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 05:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 810
Total: 810

Monday's dreary, rainy day coffee...

Started by Mugwump, June 15, 2015, 06:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Dennis, the danios are soooo pretty.  Delicate looking with those soft colors.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

...Folks, we're getting dumped on here...........big time... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline.  When I get some fry grown up, I'll send you a box if you'd like.   ;)

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on June 15, 2015, 04:38:14 PM
...Folks, we're getting dumped on here...........big time... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Well, the thread is about Monday, right?  What we're planning to do, what we want to do and what we are desiring.  What's your problem, Mug?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2015, 04:50:24 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 15, 2015, 04:38:14 PM

Well, the thread is about Monday, right?  What we're planning to do, what we want to do and what we are desiring.  What's your problem, Mug?

Liz, it's pouring in buckets here.....bad
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's thundering.  My internet connection isn't happy.   But I don't smell rain in the air.  I had 30 gallons or rain water saved that I mixed with 20 gallons of tap.  Just did a big WC and all that was used slam up on pairs >:(

Mugwump

The 150 was down a few inches+, or so.....it's over flowing now.... :o
Jon

LizStreithorst

I envy you.  One day last week folks to the west of me got 6".  Now that was a toad floater.  People to the north of me got 5".  The dang storm split and missed me.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2015, 05:07:43 PM
I envy you.  One day last week folks to the west of me got 6".  Now that was a toad floater.  People to the north of me got 5".  The dang storm split and missed me.

I think we're closing in on the 4-5....and it'll keep coming in all night......throw a couple life jackets this way...........flash flood warnings since this morning.....but too late now.....hope the 'Kish' river can hold it all, doesn't look like it tho.....??.....I know the 18 hole golf course about a mile from here has 4-6 holes with 4 ft of water covering them......the 'Kish' runs through it.....uh oh...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Send half of it to me and half to Barb.  She needs it too.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2015, 05:27:00 PM
Send half of it to me and half to Barb.  She needs it too.

I'd grab the neighbors boat and row it to you if I could....there's more than enough here right now, seriously...
Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2015, 03:09:10 PM
I have run out of things to do...Dentist done, LFS didn't need fish, got all the branches that weren't stuck under big trees,  did tank wipe down, changed Magnum filters.  I still need do do WC later but until then nothing...I have no choice but to start on the repair of the 100 gallon.  I think I've mentioned before how much I hate starting any new project.  I always get it done right, eventually but the fear of failure is very strong in me.  The damn thing won't fix itself and I don't want it sitting in the middle of the fish room floor until hell freezes over.

Just a suggestion, but you could stop and have a beer . . . . . . .

LizStreithorst

Heck, My Captain, I cracked my first beer when I got home from the dentist.  My lips didn't work well because they were all numbed up, but I managed ;D.  I was able to put of the tank repair by doing a really really really huge WC (I can store more water with my other container not leaking from the valve)  A good bath sounds good.  I'm all nasty and sweaty from hauling limbs and branches.)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2015, 06:36:25 PM
Heck, My Captain, I cracked my first beer when I got home from the dentist.  My lips didn't work well because they were all numbed up, but I managed ;D.  I was able to put of the tank repair by doing a really really really huge WC (I can store more water with my other container not leaking from the valve)  A good bath sounds good.  I'm all nasty and sweaty from hauling limbs and branches.)

...don't forget your rubber ducky.. ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

My deceased husband bought me 3 rubber duckies.  He knew how much I loved a good soak in the tub.  That was years and years ago.  I have no idea what became of them.

Just so y'all know, a bath is not filthy the way I do it.  I get in a hot one and soak and then scrub, and then shampoo my hair.  Then I drain the water.  While it's draining I shave my legs if they need it.  Finally I turn on the faucets and rinse my body and hair under cooler water.  My tub is big and deep.  The faucets are fairly high.  I'm small so I fit under the tap for the final rinse.  I squeek when I'm all done ;D