• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 01:50:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 756
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 739
Total: 739

Monday's dreary, rainy day coffee...

Started by Mugwump, June 15, 2015, 06:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Coffee's really good....MMmmm....but a rainy, stormy day on tap....a chance for a few inches of rain too. The grounds pretty saturated now, so there will be some flooding in the area...putz'n in the fish room today, getting boxes ready for Willie and Barb, if she's ready yet?...  plus a few water changes..

Pauline is line for all this rain too....looks like it's headed her way....Dennis too, as a bunch is headed toward Ohio...

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=41.92810440&lon=-88.74890900&zoom=8&pin=Dekalb%2c%20IL&rad=1&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Dentist this morning, then I'll call the LFS and see if they need fishies.  Later, hauling more branches to the burn pile and repairing the 100 gallon that's sitting in the middle of the fish room floor.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Raining here too. Mostly scattered T-Storms but we just finished getting hit with one. One good thing is that no temps will be in the 90s this week. 8) The scattered storms will be here most of the week tho. ::)

I have to go to DC today to check out my "off-site" (girl friend's son) tank. Will bring along a couple of the Koi to stock. He is doing pretty good with the tank so far. I will hit the road after rush hour is over. Coffee is excellant. Need more. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 15, 2015, 06:52:08 AM
Raining here too. Mostly scattered T-Storms but we just finished getting hit with one. One good thing is that no temps will be in the 90s this week. 8) The scattered storms will be here most of the week tho. ::)

I have to go to DC today to check out my "off-site" (girl friend's son) tank. Will bring along a couple of the Koi to stock. He is doing pretty good with the tank so far. I will hit the road after rush hour is over. Coffee is excellant. Need more. ;D ;D ;D

Milder temps are good to hear, Willie  ;D  I looking to ship tomorrow while it's cooler here too.  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Just returned from taking my car to the body shop. Hubby backed into a planter in a parking lot. I guess he forgot about the rear view camera. Old age does that to some folks... ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 15, 2015, 07:28:58 AM
Just returned from taking my car to the body shop. Hubby backed into a planter in a parking lot. I guess he forgot about the rear view camera. Old age does that to some folks... ;D

...I'd prefer to think that dang planter just jumped out in front of him....blasted planters will do that sometimes  ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on June 15, 2015, 07:42:50 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on June 15, 2015, 07:28:58 AM

...I'd prefer to think that dang planter just jumped out in front of him....blasted planters will do that sometimes  ;D

Right....that's what he said.   ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Hi everybody, hot as H-ll here.  It has been up to 100 everyday recently and all this week too. Jon, can you hold the fish until it cools off a bit?  Can you check the price of UPS next day please?  It may be my only way to get the fish alive.  I will pay of course.  I have had angels sent by UPS next day and they did ok. 
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 15, 2015, 07:02:18 AM

Milder temps are good to hear, Willie  ;D  I looking to ship tomorrow while it's cooler here too.  ;D

Hi is supposed to be 83 on Thursday so if you ship tomorrow, they should be fine.  There will be some T-Storms tho.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 15, 2015, 08:24:17 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 15, 2015, 07:02:18 AM

Hi is supposed to be 83 on Thursday so if you ship tomorrow, they should be fine.  There will be some T-Storms tho.

Great.....I'll be watching for forecast changes too.... :D
Jon

BallAquatics

My boxes are all going to cooler weather this week, upstate New York and North Dakota.  Cooler here this week after today's 90 with temps in the low 80's the rest of the week.

A little better with the rain collection last night.  Had about 100 gallons this morning with more rain promised for later today.  If it cools off, I might set-up some fish for spawning.  I'd like to have Devario acrostomus, D. assamensis, and D. xyrops for the fall season.  Matbe some Danio kerri too.  I haven't raised any of these this year.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Those are pretty....kind of a 'mother of pearl' look.....
Jon

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon.  At one time, these were a darling of the hobby, but are rarely seen anymore.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I have run out of things to do...Dentist done, LFS didn't need fish, got all the branches that weren't stuck under big trees,  did tank wipe down, changed Magnum filters.  I still need do do WC later but until then nothing...I have no choice but to start on the repair of the 100 gallon.  I think I've mentioned before how much I hate starting any new project.  I always get it done right, eventually but the fear of failure is very strong in me.  The damn thing won't fix itself and I don't want it sitting in the middle of the fish room floor until hell freezes over.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2015, 03:09:10 PM
I have run out of things to do...Dentist done, LFS didn't need fish, got all the branches that weren't stuck under big trees,  did tank wipe down, changed Magnum filters.  I still need do do WC later but until then nothing...I have no choice but to start on the repair of the 100 gallon.  I think I've mentioned before how much I hate starting any new project.  I always get it done right, eventually but the fear of failure is very strong in me.  The damn thing won't fix itself and I don't want it sitting in the middle of the fish room floor until hell freezes over.

...just 'git er done'   8)
Jon