• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:31:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 767
Total: 768

Nice swap.....

Started by Mugwump, January 25, 2015, 04:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Bob and Steve were right next to us, so we bantered a bit....LOL....thanks Bob for helping Matt when I went to the can, or looking around ....appreciate it  ;D

I think we all did fairly well, didn't expect quite this large a crowd.....not door popping...but a really nice group....Scott and Joni showed up too.....Scott got some sweet sterbia fry.....

I have some of Bob's new secret flake to test out now....full report in a while.... ;D

Matt took some pics....I'll pop em up later....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Nice that it was enjoyable time at the swap.  I envy Scott on those Sterbai fry.  I have two old-timers left and definitely want to get more.

Looking forward to the pix.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

A shot through my koi tank towards the center of the room...

Some Josie's Discus....and a few others that he liked...

More of Josie's tanks and discus....he was impressed with her stock....she brought 30 jumbos and sold them all....plus her smaller stock too....

there early..... ;D

part of both tanks that I set up....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It was a nice swap. I'm surprised that you sold all the koi so quickly.
Here is the Sterbia fry. They don't seem to want to slow down. I couldn't get a good pic. I wasn't expecting them to be small fry But they are so darn cute!     

Joni got a nice royal pleco. I'm a little jealous over this guy. Can't wait to see him grown up.

She also got some of Jon's L144 plecos. She took them home with her. The other fish are in a Q.T. Tank in my fish room.

I also got a few plants.
PROSERPINACA PALUSTRIS

These are sword plants. I think the first one is a ECHINODORUS PARVIFLORUS the second one is Echinodorus "Ozelot"

I can't remember what this one was. it's a long complicated name that I couldn't pronounce anyway.   
Scott

JR

Nice Plants and fish. I cant say most of the plant names
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Good pics Scott....I didn't realize that you got that many plants....nice score...... ;D
Jon

b125killer

I must say i kind of like the royal pleco. I'm thinking of stealing it.  ::) it's happily feasting on Captain Bob's Frenzy Super Max. I wounder if it can handle the high heat of the discus tank?
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

Barb

Scott, that pleco may also happily feast on discus slime coat.  Don't risk it.  He is beautiful but don't put with discus.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 27, 2015, 07:25:16 AM
Scott, that pleco may also happily feast on discus slime coat.  Don't risk it.  He is beautiful but don't put with discus.
Barb

Good thought Barb......BN's aren't known for attaching to other fish, unless they're dead of course...but with discus pairs, they'd be tempted by a cone full of eggs, and the slime coat on the parents that develops for feeding the fry....in a larger tank with discus tho, I really don't see a problem tho....
now common plecos,,,that's a different story...
Jon

Barb

Hi Jon, but the Royal Pleco isn't a BN.  Royals get huge, the BN's are fine, I have them myself.  I have a pretty 4" albino female BN in with my discus.  I think it is a female since the bristles are only short little things?
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 27, 2015, 07:41:49 AM
Hi Jon, but the Royal Pleco isn't a BN.  Royals get huge, the BN's are fine, I have them myself.  I have a pretty 4" albino female BN in with my discus.  I think it is a female since the bristles are only short little things?
Barb

Ah...thanks Barb...I found a link for Scott but didn't read it.....yeppers, Scott...keep it out of there...

Jon

LizStreithorst

I saw what a beautiful fish it was and looked it up.  When I read that they are shy and they get HUGE I lost interest in them.

I read somewhere that live black worms were available at the swap for $10. for !/2 lb.  What a deal that is!  I can only buy 1 1/2 lbs at a time (they take good bit of fridge space).  1 1/2 lbs costs me around $55. with shipping.  Wish I could have been there.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Yep, John Antok (sp) sells them.....there are so many deals that it's scary sometimes....frozen brine shrimp flats $7/lb...frozen blood worm flats $7/lb..etc....fish deals abound too.... ;D
Jon

b125killer

I wasn't thinking about him attacking the discus but your right. I did know he gets big 17+ inches. I think there a little more rare at that size. So far my albino sailfin hasn't attack any fish. He's around 10 inches and still growing. He should max out around the 17 inch mark.
Scott