• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 02:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 762
Total: 762

Finally here Friday

Started by Barb, August 26, 2022, 07:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning, sorry I missed yesterday here.  Just had a busy but tiring day with a bit too much to do.  Today I will take it easier.  I am finally back to being able to sleep a full night.  For the last 5 weeks I slept 2 hrs at a time, and in about 4 different places overnight.  Now I can just stay in bed, that is a relief.  I just read all your posts from the last couple days to see what all I missed.  All seems well with you all!

I have been plant sitting all my daughter's houseplants for the last 2 mo.  while she and her husband got ready to move.  Now they are in their new home and tomorrow I return all her plants to her and see the new place.  I have help today to get the boxes of about 25+ plants into my car.  They've been living in my guest bathroom on tables in the tub, stacked almost to the ceiling.  Will be glad to get that room back to normal.  So I will be gone all day tomorrow, see you all here on Sunday.  Have a good weekend,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Barb I am so glad to hear that you are finally getting your required sleep and that you can finally do it all in your bed. That sleep will speed up your recovery even more.

Today is the last day of the grandkids visit. We've had a lot of fun and this has been a good way to cap off their summer. Now it's time for them to get home and prepare for school. In NYC schools open on September 8 which is a Thursday.  That seems odd for me because when I lived there school would always start the Tuesday after Labor Day.

All is well in the fishroom this morning so I will spend the rest of the day enjoying the girls before I get them back home in the morning. We will end the day at Chuck E. Cheese.

I'll probably not see them again (except for Face Time) until Christmas unless I go up to NYC for Thanksgiving.

You guys all have a great day and I'll check in later if I get a chance.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hell, my long post just disappeared on me.  I'll try again later.  Right now, I'm taking a break from cleaning out the 125.  I am
not having fun.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Barb, Willie, and Liz and top-o-the-morning to you...and all the rest of the tuned in Muggers...

Lucy and I whooped Ron and Charlotte pretty good at Samba yesterday...all that sitting for 3 hours was a bit rough on me for some reason...I tried 3 different chairs before my back quit aching...this was muscle ache, not nerve pain...finally I took Vicodin and that helped... |^|

Today, prior to order-picking, I'm going to tape off the 75g tank and, hopefully, get the opportunity to seal it...this evening there is a dance at the clubhouse from 6-8:30...we plan to go...several friends are going and we'll join them...we'll just dance slow ones...

I'm happy for you, Barb, that you can begin to get some less interrupted sleep...it's a big help to healing and mental state!...  |^|

Liz, sometimes I type my message in word and can come back to it later to finish it...then I copy and paste it into a post here or wherever...

It's fun and heart-warming to have the grandchildren visit...but it's always comforting to get your home and routine back to normal...Right, Willie? :D

That's it for now...carry on in good spirit, folks!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm back.  Ron, I haven't had a post disappear me in a long time so I no longer bother with that.

Since I had nothing I had to do today I was going to enjoy doing just that.  But I couldn't help myself.  That empty 125 was calling to me.  I got all the gravel out and rinsed it out twice.  My back was not pleased.  Then I went to the dollar store and picked up Clorox,  windex, and glue to repair the broken support, which I really should replace with a piece of glass.  I got the support glued and clamped and now my body says that I'm done for the day.

I was blown away when the sun came out today.  It was shining from late morning until just a bit ago.  The forecast has changed and now they say that we don't have a chance of rain until tonight.  I hope they're wrong about that, too.  I'm tired of rain. 
Always move forward. Never look back.