• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 06:08:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 549
Total: 549

This is terrible, absolutly terrible

Started by LizStreithorst, September 10, 2015, 06:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I would rather do without beer than do without the internet,

I got this thing when I pulled up my email at work.  I think it said that the security certificate for my ISP had expired.  I tried to send something from work and it didn't post but my router at work if from a different ISP from my ISP at the house.  I thought that it was just a thing with my router at work because I have to reboot it once or twice a day. Both computers share the same email address.  Now my home computer doesn't work right.  I need to unplug everything and after I do I can click around the internet for a bit, and then it goes off.

I'm at at a loss. I don't have a virus.   Do I bitch out Birch Communications who is my ISP at work, or do I bitch out my ISP at the house which has always been perfect and fast. I hate this shit!!!!!!!  I pay on time.  Somebody isn't living up to their part of the bargain.  I am furious.

If y'all don't hear from me for a while you know why.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Dennis ....you might want to pass on the info to her about the power thingy! I went to the link you gave me and it helped me out.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It may have fixed itself.  I'll know for sure tomorrow.  I unplugged everything and waited five minutes and plugged back everything many many many times.  For some reason it seems to be working now.  Perhaps which ever ISP whose security certificate ran out fixed it.  I sure hope so.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 10, 2015, 07:52:51 PM
It may have fixed itself.  I'll know for sure tomorrow.  I unplugged everything and waited five minutes and plugged back everything many many many times.  For some reason it seems to be working now.  Perhaps which ever ISP whose security certificate ran out fixed it.  I sure hope so.

It might have just needed a hard modem reboot because they updated, or serviced, their servers....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't know what it was nor do I care.  It just needs to work.  So far so good here at home.  I'll see how it does at work tomorrow.

BallAquatics

As each piece of equipment in the chain needs to establish a connection with the piece before it, you want to power them back up in the correct sequence.

1) Start with whatever your ISP provides, cable modem, DSL filter, etc.  It needs to connect to the ISP.

2) Next is the router.  It gets it's connection or 'public IP address' from he ISP equipment, (cable modem, DSL filter, etc.).

3) Last is your computer, tablet, phone, etc.  It will get it's 'private IP address' from the router.

Dennis