• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

Old stuff.....??

Started by Mugwump, September 08, 2015, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

"shave and a haircut, two bits"   LOL......the young'ns won't know this one...

"Shaving brushes / You'll soon see 'em / On the shelf / In some / Museum / Burma-Shave"    "Train approaching / Whistle squealing / Stop / Avoid that run-down feeling / Burma-Shave"    "Keep well / To the right / Of the oncoming car / Get your close shaves / From the half pound jar / Burma-Shave"    "Hardly a driver / Is now alive / Who passed / On hills / At 75 / Burma-Shave"    "Past / Schoolhouses / Take it slow / Let the little / Shavers grow / Burma-Shave"    "If you dislike / Big traffic fines / Slow down / Till you / Can read these signs / Burma-Shave"    "Don't take / a curve / at 60 per. / We hate to lose / a customer / Burma-Shave"

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

I've been to Rock City!  Hope to tour the Blue Ridge Parkway on motorcycle someday.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on September 08, 2015, 10:10:04 AM

"Shaving brushes / You'll soon see 'em / On the shelf / In some / Museum / Burma-Shave"    "Train approaching / Whistle squealing / Stop / Avoid that run-down feeling / Burma-Shave"    "Keep well / To the right / Of the oncoming car / Get your close shaves / From the half pound jar / Burma-Shave"    "Hardly a driver / Is now alive / Who passed / On hills / At 75 / Burma-Shave"    "Past / Schoolhouses / Take it slow / Let the little / Shavers grow / Burma-Shave"    "If you dislike / Big traffic fines / Slow down / Till you / Can read these signs / Burma-Shave"    "Don't take / a curve / at 60 per. / We hate to lose / a customer / Burma-Shave"

They stopped doing this way before I came around. Heard about it a few years ago and became enamored with the rhymes. Bought a couple of books on them.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 08, 2015, 10:59:32 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 08, 2015, 10:10:04 AM

They stopped doing this way before I came around. Heard about it a few years ago and became enamored with the rhymes. Bought a couple of books on them.

When we traveled, my brother and sisters used to read them in unison...LOL.....sometimes Mom and Dad too..... 8)     that and we counted cows on either side of the road....LOL.....girls counted browns, Jeff and I, counted the blacks.....

riddley riddly ree....I see something that you don't see....and it's (color).........

car trip games rocked...... |^|
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Back before PC South of the Border used to have a ton of signs on 301 north and south. Me and sis used to read those aloud on our trips from NY to FL.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 08, 2015, 11:42:36 AM
Back before PC South of the Border used to have a ton of signs on 301 north and south. Me and sis used to read those aloud on our trips from NY to FL.

cool....ever sit held up at a train crossing gate and count the cars???.....oh and they all had a caboose back when too..... |^|
Jon

greydragon

hey i still count cars at railroad crossing.
my favorite is railroad crossing look out for the cars can you say(spell) that without any r's