• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 01:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 546
Total: 546

Just got the best tip ever!!!!!

Started by LizStreithorst, September 04, 2015, 01:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

When a customer here in town dropped off her dogs she asked if I sold doggie perfume.  She loves the way the dogs smell when they leave here.  I don't but I told her that if she brought me a spray bottle I'd pour her up some of what I use.

Her husband picked up.  He walked in saying "we have something for you".  I looked in the box and it was 14 assorted beers.  My eyes got wide.  I said, "BEER!"  He said, "we have something else for you"  He went out to his truck and came in with a good size small refrigerator!!!!!!!!! 

I said, "I can't accept this, it's too much".  He said that Chip gave it to him for free when he got a big fridge for his shop.

Do I not work in the most excellent small town and do I not have the most wonderful customers?  My Dolmas were delivered today so I gave him 2 cans of 10 and filled his spray bottle with doggie cologne.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...good for you....that's great...sounds like a nice place to work in....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That is so nice.  You obviously treat your clients and their special pets well and they show you their appreciation for it. You're getting back what you give...which is awesome.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b

Wow that is a pretty good tip, I wouldn't mind if I got that myself. :P

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on September 05, 2015, 09:54:21 AM

You're too young to drink beer...remember???   8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

That is indeed a great tip Liz. Just what is that perfume you use. Kobe can use something from time to time. lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 05, 2015, 01:07:31 PM
That is indeed a great tip Liz. Just what is that perfume you use. Kobe can use something from time to time. lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL....and if like our gal's.....a good gargle too.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 05, 2015, 01:30:25 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 05, 2015, 01:07:31 PM

LOL....and if like our gal's.....a good gargle too.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Surprisingly no bad breath for Kobe yet. The vet complimented him (me) on his teeth. lol
Willie

LizStreithorst

I buy a lot but not all of my stuff from Davis.  They sell mostly to groomers.  They have a huge selection of colognes.  I like the Plumb Blossom.  It smells fresh, not perfumy.   Since it I use it every day on all the dogs I get the 32 oz. bottle and just fill my spray bottle as needed.  After the dog is finished all it takes is 2 spritzes. The bottle lasts forever.

I'd copy and past the link to the cologne but you have to be logged in to view it.  Here's a link to Davis.  https://davismfg.com/  I doubt that you'll find their products at your pet store.

Davis also sells stuff to freshen the breath.  It only works for dogs with good teeth.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2015, 01:38:28 PM
I buy a lot but not all of my stuff from Davis.  They sell mostly to groomers.  They have a huge selection of colognes.  I like the Plumb Blossom.  It smells fresh, not perfumy.   Since it I use it every day on all the dogs I get the 32 oz. bottle and just fill my spray bottle as needed.  After the dog is finished all it takes is 2 spritzes. The bottle lasts forever.

I'd copy and past the link to the cologne but you have to be logged in to view it.  Here's a link to Davis.  https://davismfg.com/  I doubt that you'll find their products at your pet store.

Davis also sells stuff to freshen the breath.  It only works for dogs with good teeth.

Thanks Liz. I'll check it out now.
Willie

big b

Quote from: Mugwump on September 05, 2015, 09:56:08 AM
Quote from: big b on September 05, 2015, 09:54:21 AM

You're too young to drink beer...remember???   8)
I am? I didn't know that   mim

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 05, 2015, 02:24:57 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2015, 01:38:28 PM

Thanks Liz. I'll check it out now.

They want me to register before I can buy. I can't even see the price unless I register. I guess I can register as Willie's Jacks ;D. I see that Envirogroom has fragrance by the same name at 8 ounces for 14 bucks. It's probably not the same thing tho. ???
Willie

LizStreithorst

I told you that you need to register first.  They deal mostly with groomers.  Their plum blossom cologne is $9.00 plus shipping.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2015, 04:08:33 PM
I told you that you need to register first.  They deal mostly with groomers.  Their plum blossom cologne is $9.00 plus shipping.

That's better than the other place. I think I'll register.
Willie