• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:12:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

Ok, back now....

Started by Mugwump, August 31, 2015, 07:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I have a headache....I've been in an online chat with both 'Roku' and 'Netflix' all day long.....I feel like I slew the witch, brought back the broomstick and got nothing because the Wizard wasn't even there......crap.....

My DSL service is terrific...it's a smaller outfit out west of here about 30mins.....Great signal too...reliable service....

Our Roku unit max's out the wifi signal and gets all the channels really well..even the heavy lifters like UTube.....that is all except 'Netflix'....which we had for months...but now won't load at all.....I called online netflix....went through all the unplugs/reboots/uninstalls and reinstalls, etc....all which I had tried before even getting online in the support chat.....they said it was my IP....ok....I called the nice folks and they humored me and reset my IP, etc....I had already unplugged the router and cleared it here as well....ok..no cigar....then they said well you need a 'hard Ethernet' connection to get a really good signal to the Roku....Ok....went and got a long cable and hooked it up direct,,,,no cigar....then they said it was the IP again and that I needed a static dns for Netflix to connect too.....LOL.....no cigar.....all at the same time, I'm on with Roku ..doinf about the same damn thing.....LOL....losing hair here...in the meantime, Netflix says for me to watch a netflix show on my 'putor....Ok,,,watching NCIS episodes.....but how can that be they say....and I reply....I CALLED YOU FIRST !!!!!....Moth%^*((**$#%&&**(((>.ker's.....AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Took the cable back....likely cancelling Netflix if it won't pop in the next day or so.....don't want to....but.....I think that I've had it....?????

Roku and Netflix have a problem to sort out with this thing....I'm not slaying anymore witches.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I dropped Netflix when they wanted to split the company. I had had them when they mailed most of the dvds. it was cheap and easy. then they started streaming it was nice, they didn't stream much worth watching but that was fine. then they doubled my bill. I was upset but still didn't cancel. that was about the time they wanted to split the company. they still push there streaming witch is fine but they don't usually have much I wanted to watch. I forget the number of people that dropped them over the hole splitting thing but it was a lot.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on August 31, 2015, 07:42:30 PM
I dropped Netflix when they wanted to split the company. I had had them when they mailed most of the dvds. it was cheap and easy. then they started streaming it was nice, they didn't stream much worth watching but that was fine. then they doubled my bill. I was upset but still didn't cancel. that was about the time they wanted to split the company. they still push there streaming witch is fine but they don't usually have much I wanted to watch. I forget the number of people that dropped them over the hole splitting thing but it was a lot.

Plenty of things to watch now, they've added a bunch...only 7.99/month....we like it...just can't get it now for no apparent reason.....???

as for splitting the company....sorry big business politics I don't care about if they keep the quality.....it did run fantastic before...have no idea how the app isn't working...but it is bandwidth heavy when first loading, I guess????.. but then how come UTube runs great??...talk about a bandwidth hog...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson