• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:13:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 530
Total: 530

Tired out tonight....

Started by Mugwump, August 28, 2015, 08:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....we've been outside most the day..it was supposed to warm up but stayed cool and dank...a bit of wind too....it pooped us out... w!w    ZZZzzzzzz

...likely turn in early......busy day tomorrow too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

2c2 I fell asleep at around 10:00. yesterday. I had to babysit my niece almost all day, I forgot how much energy 4 year olds have.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 29, 2015, 08:05:10 AM
2c2 I fell asleep at around 10:00. yesterday. I had to babysit my niece almost all day, I forgot how much energy 4 year olds have.

LOL.....you make it sound like you're old??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on August 29, 2015, 08:17:25 AM

He is old. 14 years old. lolv
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

big b

Quote from: Mugwump on August 29, 2015, 08:17:25 AM

She makes me feel old  ;). 4 year olds have more energy then me, plus they CAN'T sit still. It's all play,play,play. They never want to sit down and stop.

LizStreithorst

You need to toughen up a bit, B.
Always move forward. Never look back.

big b

I am tough, but before I had to babysit her, I was working outside cutting down trees with my machete. It tires you out pretty quickly.

LizStreithorst

B dear, You cannot cut down a tree with a machete.  To cut down a tree you need at least a good sharp ax and know here the tree will fall.  With a machete you can cut down brush and saplings and shrubs. 

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 29, 2015, 05:14:19 PM
B dear, You cannot cut down a tree with a machete.  To cut down a tree you need at least a good sharp ax and know here the tree will fall.  With a machete you can cut down brush and saplings and shrubs.

I better tell my father in law that. He keeps cutting down trees with his machete. He cuts down up to about a 4" diameter tree with a machete. But then they did live in Cuba. Under our buddy Fidel.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 29, 2015, 05:17:13 PM

I better tell my father in law that. He keeps cutting down trees with his machete. He cuts down up to about a 4" diameter tree with a machete. But then they did live in Cuba. Under our buddy Fidel.

I second that....we'd cut fields of fire when setting up for the night in, or on the edge, of the jungle crap.......a good sharp machete can bring em down....especially with two guys doing it quick before dark.... ;D
Jon

big b

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 29, 2015, 05:17:13 PM

Yeah, I can take down about a .5 inch in diameter tree with one swing. It takes me a bit longer to do a 4 inch think tree. But I prefer to use the machete like a base ball bat so it does not take me that long to cut a 4 inch tree.

LizStreithorst

.5" is a sapling not a tree.

big b

So what size does it not be a sapling?

LizStreithorst

I'd say that once it reaches 2" in diameter it might be considered a baby tree.  At what diameter do you consider a sapling to be a baby tree?

big b

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 29, 2015, 06:57:31 PM
I'd say that once it reaches 2" in diameter it might be considered a baby tree.  At what diameter do you consider a sapling to be a baby tree?
I don't know, I've never thought about it.