• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 01:40:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 581
Total: 581

Ain't this the damnedest thing

Started by LizStreithorst, August 25, 2015, 07:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I just got this emai from Geiko:
Notification of a recent payment error
We wanted to let you know of an error that occurred while processing your normally scheduled payment in the amount of $57.42. This amount was successfully charged to your account, but due to a processing error, an additional hold in that same amount was temporarily placed on your account.
We became aware of this issue immediately and have ensured that this payment amount will not be deducted a second time. We are also working to remove this hold as quickly as possible, and the issue should be resolved within the next 48 hours.
While we were able to prevent a double payment extraction, we know that this type of error can still have an impact. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Please know that we appreciate your business and are doing everything we can to resolve this matter.
Sincerely,
Your GEICO Service Team

I didn't worry about it until I tried to buy some small sponge filters from Ken's.  It appears that both my credit card And my paypal account have been locked.  This really sucks!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2015, 07:22:55 PM
I just got this emai from Geiko:
Notification of a recent payment error
We wanted to let you know of an error that occurred while processing your normally scheduled payment in the amount of $57.42. This amount was successfully charged to your account, but due to a processing error, an additional hold in that same amount was temporarily placed on your account.
We became aware of this issue immediately and have ensured that this payment amount will not be deducted a second time. We are also working to remove this hold as quickly as possible, and the issue should be resolved within the next 48 hours.
While we were able to prevent a double payment extraction, we know that this type of error can still have an impact. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Please know that we appreciate your business and are doing everything we can to resolve this matter.
Sincerely,
Your GEICO Service Team

I didn't worry about it until I tried to buy some small sponge filters from Ken's.  It appears that both my credit card And my paypal account have been locked.  This really sucks!

On line billing.....high tech in it's lowest form... w!w |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

w!w  is an excellent idea.  Thanks for reminding me.  I may not be rich but my credit is excellent because I'm good at paying.  If this snafu hurts my credit rating I'll be really pissed.  I wanted to order plants from Mark, too.  I guess I'll have to wait until Geico fixes fixes their screw up >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  At least the payment for my guppies cleared before this happened.

big b

Good thing, you spent what? $80? Somewhere around that figure I bet. The cheapest pair was around 25 and the most expensive was 35 and you bought 3 pairs.

LizStreithorst

It was $95. for the 3 trios  plus $19 shipping.  I had some of it already in my PayPal account but the rest was charged to my credit card.  I know it's a bundle to pay for guppies but there are no good breeders in my neck of the woods so if I want quality (which I always do) I have to pay for it (which I don't mind).  I do my best to control my urges.  New Discus are out of the question.  Not only are the fish themselves expensive, shipping is always FedEx Overnight which alone will send you to the poor house.

Mugwump

Next time check Pete Mang too..."Lotsafish'...Pete has quality fish and aces packing too... |^|

Pics
http://lotsoffish.slickpic.com/?viewer

Web page
http://www.lotsoffish.net/index.html
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I know him from Aquaboards.  I learned a lot from him there about shipping.  He's a cool guy.  I know from just reading his words that he's an honest guy.  I'll remember if there is a next time.

big b

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2015, 08:06:31 PM
It was $95. for the 3 trios  plus $19 shipping.  I had some of it already in my PayPal account but the rest was charged to my credit card.  I know it's a bundle to pay for guppies but there are no good breeders in my neck of the woods so if I want quality (which I always do) I have to pay for it (which I don't mind).  I do my best to control my urges.  New Discus are out of the question.  Not only are the fish themselves expensive, shipping is always FedEx Overnight which alone will send you to the poor house.
I was close :).

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: big b on August 25, 2015, 08:58:23 PM

Unwritten law. Never ever remind us how much we invest into our hobby. :-X

We need an emote drinking a cocktail.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 25, 2015, 09:19:05 PM
We need an emote drinking a cocktail.

I searched hi and low but there's just not much out there   huh

So this if what I ended up with ==>>   mim

Also, for those times you just can't keep quite, now you can graphically add your 2 cents   2c2

Dennis

big b

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 25, 2015, 09:19:05 PM
Quote from: big b on August 25, 2015, 08:58:23 PM

Unwritten law. Never ever remind us how much we invest into our hobby. :-X
True, I am going to spend about $250 on some supplies and fish once I finally get the rest of it. I only have about $120 :(.

GraphicGr8s

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

LizStreithorst

I consider my hobby to be one of my vices and I always make sure that my vices get satisfied w!w  mim

PaulineMi

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 26, 2015, 06:35:47 PM
Nowfor that like butytoin  huh mim

Are you testing us?  I even looked up "butytoin"....definitions were in a different language.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 27, 2015, 09:32:12 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 26, 2015, 06:35:47 PM
Nowfor that like butytoin  huh mim

Are you testing us?  I even looked up "butytoin"....definitions were in a different language.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nope. just made up a word. Left the space out on porpoise two.