• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:41:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 548
Total: 548

Yet another example...

Started by LizStreithorst, August 24, 2015, 02:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

...of shipping being cursed.  This one does not involve life and death it's just weird. 

I took a box to the post office.  3 people were ahead of me and everything was fine.  As the lady was weighing my box and typing in information suddenly her keyboard quit working.  She switched to another computer and it wouldn?t print out the receipt and shipping info.  She knew how much so I paid and left the box with her.

The truck picks up their boxes at 4 o'clock.  I will phone them after 4 and see if they got their problems sorted.  If so, I?ll send the recipient the tracking number.   I've already informed him about what happened.  If not, I?ll pick the box up in the morning and take it to work with me, then bring it home after work, retank the fish, give the poor starving things a good feed and try again next Monday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....It should be on it's way I'll bet.....??.....good luck 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I just couldn't wait until 4 to call them.  I was so afraid that the recipient would think that I was making an excuse.  Y'all know that I'm honest but someone new to me doesn't know.  Everything is fine.  The lady who answered the phone said that they re-booted the entire system which took a bit of time but that everything was working again.  I just sent the guy his tracking number ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Good to hear it worked out Liz.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

So far...all's well. I bet it'll end well!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b