• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 08:59:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 386
Total: 386

Getting spoiled here....

Started by Mugwump, January 28, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Jan's baking chocolate chip cookies.......MMMmm......there's even some left !!!

...for now...nyuk nyuk nyuk  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..easy swap eve meal....some egg salad sandwiches on toast...chips, etc.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I got spoiled by a little old lady.  That lady can cook!  I was so worried about getting "Jesus'd" that I was dreading having to go but she didn't do it to me.  Before she took her first bite she looked up and said, "Thank you God" like she was talking to a buddy.  It was a nice visit.  She wants us to do it again.  She and her husband lived in India for a while and she can make real Indian curry from scratch.  I'm looking forward to it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 28, 2017, 04:16:35 PM
I got spoiled by a little old lady.  That lady can cook!  I was so worried about getting "Jesus'd" that I was dreading having to go but she didn't do it to me.  Before she took her first bite she looked up and said, "Thank you God" like she was talking to a buddy.  It was a nice visit.  She wants us to do it again.  She and her husband lived in India for a while and she can make real Indian curry from scratch.  I'm looking forward to it.

....It's so nice meeting, and making, new friends, isn't it ?..... |^|
Jon

wallace

Good, it went well then. "Curry from scratch"... I thought curry WAS scratch!
Dan

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on January 28, 2017, 05:22:09 PM
Good, it went well then. "Curry from scratch"... I thought curry WAS scratch!

several ways to make curry powder, or even curry sauce........

>To make a basic curry powder:

1Combine 5 tablespoons ground coriander seeds, 2 tablespoons ground cumin seeds, 1 tablespoon ground turmeric, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons dry mustard, 2 teaspoons ground fenugreek seeds, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom, and 1/2 teaspoon ground chile peppers. Makes about 3/4 cup.

>To make sambar podi:

1Combine 3 tablespoons ground coriander; 3 tablespoons besan (chickpea) flour; 1 tablespoon ground cumin; 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper; 1 teaspoon each salt, ground fenugreek seeds, amchur powder, dry mustard, and hot red chile powder; 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and turmeric; 8 crumbled dried curry leaves; and 1/4 teaspoon asafetida. Makes about 2/3 cup.

..more..
http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/curry-powder-10576
Jon

wsantia1

Shrimp salad and potato chips. Haven't eaten yet. Waiting for it to chill. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Grilled cheese on fresh baked whole wheat.....

Dennis

ilroost