• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 07:58:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 626
Total: 626

Shrimp Talk

Started by Ron Sower, July 23, 2020, 02:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 02, 2020, 01:12:05 PM
...my last pair of lights came today for the shrimp tank rack...got them in place....now I have to decide if I'm going to continue using the two air pumps I have, or order a single new one that can do all 8 tanks on the rack...once that's done and I have all the tubing in place and pretty much out of sight, I'll post pics....

...a young lady is coming by today to pick up 20 more Bloody Marys to add to the stock she's already bought from me...I'm discounting them to her because she gave me a 5.5g tank....I have a fellow holding one for me to pick up...after that, i'll only need one more to fill the rack...

It sounds like it's all coming together nicely Ron. Great job. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 02, 2020, 01:49:29 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 02, 2020, 01:12:05 PM
...my last pair of lights came today for the shrimp tank rack...got them in place....now I have to decide if I'm going to continue using the two air pumps I have, or order a single new one that can do all 8 tanks on the rack...once that's done and I have all the tubing in place and pretty much out of sight, I'll post pics....

...a young lady is coming by today to pick up 20 more Bloody Marys to add to the stock she's already bought from me...I'm discounting them to her because she gave me a 5.5g tank....I have a fellow holding one for me to pick up...after that, i'll only need one more to fill the rack...

It sounds like it's all coming together nicely Ron. Great job. |^| |^| |^|
...thank, Willie...it's just taking several days, but I'm not in a rush...i'm starting to realize I'm retired and not on a strict schedule as when I was working and seemed to have to hurry to get things done...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...I got my first group of yellows around 8/15/20....I added a few more younger ones from the swap last weekend... this morning I just now saw my first berried female feeding on the Subwassertang... this is about 2 weeks sooner than I expected...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

She is beautiful Ron!  Nice and plump with all those eggs!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 05, 2020, 12:01:38 PM
...I got my first group of yellows around 8/15/20....I added a few more younger ones from the swap last weekend... this morning I just now saw my first berried female feeding on the Subwassertang... this is about 2 weeks sooner than I expected...

That is a beauty Ron. I am envious. I'm sure my yellows will be berried soon since they've been eating like pigs. Good luck with those.
Willie

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You'll be the yellow shrimp king in no time!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...noticed 2nd berried yellow this morning!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 07, 2020, 01:28:32 PM

Congrats again Ron. You are on a roll. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 07, 2020, 01:45:37 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 07, 2020, 01:28:32 PM

Congrats again Ron. You are on a roll. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
...Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'...keep them shrimpies rollin'....Molt on, Molt on!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...I'm going to find a single air pump that is quiet and can take care of 12-15 small tanks...any recommendations?...I'm seriously thinking about calling John at Jehmco...I got a linear piston pump from them many years ago...you couldn't hear it at all...I'm going to ask them if they have a very quiet diaphragm pump that they can recommend...

...currently using a Tetra Whisper (it doesn't!) a Fluval and an IMAG and they are barely sufficient....plus ugly with 2 lines coming out of each one...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 08, 2020, 09:48:41 AM
...I'm going to find a single air pump that is quiet and can take care of 12-15 small tanks...any recommendations?...I'm seriously thinking about calling John at Jehmco...I got a linear piston pump from them many years ago...you couldn't hear it at all...I'm going to ask them if they have a very quiet diaphragm pump that they can recommend...

...currently using a Tetra Whisper (it doesn't!) a Fluval and an IMAG and they are barely sufficient....plus ugly with 2 lines coming out of each one...

John definitely has the pump you need. I use a small Alita AL-15 as my backup pump that handles 15 to 20 lines and is quiet.
Willie

Ron Sower

...I ordered the DAPMH15...John said it is quiet like the LPH45 I purchase before... I just don't need that much air this time...smaller fishroom...it will arrive while I'm away, so I'll get Stan to bring it in for me when he feeds my fish...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You know Ron, my yellows are reproducing some but the ones really going great guns are my rili reds.
Always move forward. Never look back.